Take a step back.

"What if we go for a walk?" Daichi smiled widely "for old times sake."

"Don't you mean go for a run?" Hinata smiled.

"No, because you and Kageyama will end up racing like always." The group laughed, remembering the old times. Kageyama and Hinata both pouted at this. 

"Maybe get a pork bun from Coach Ukai's store." Sugawara smiled softly, remembering the amount of times they went there after practice for a snack. 

"Does he still work there?" Asahi looked up. Sugawara shook his head but Daichi was the one to answer. 

"I believe he went full time as the coach at Karasuno instead."

They all sat there in silence, all seeming to dwell on the memories from when they played in the team. "You all played Volleyball for Karasuno?" (Y/N) spoke up, the group nodded in unison. "Why don't you play a game together?"

The boys eyes brightened at the suggestion. It had been a while since most of them played a game of volleyball, of course besides Hinata and Kageyama. Sugawara smiled widely "that's a great idea (Y/N)." Her cheeks reddened at his comment. "maybe we could set up the old court or something?"

"That's a great idea!" Noya stood up suddenly "did any of you bring a volley ball?"

"I can run home and grab one" Hinata's eyes shone brightly.

"Get ready to lose!" Tanaka shouted, but Kiyoko scolded him for being so loud in a restaurant, which caused the other boys to laugh. 

"We'll all meet at the outdoor court then?" The boys all agreed before seperating.

"(Y/N)" Sugawara looked at her "would you like to walk with me to the courts?"

(Y/N) hesitated, looking at Yachi for help. Yachi pretended to not noticed. She sighed, nodding to Sugawara "that sounds nice.." she stood up, stretching her legs out. Sugawara smiled widely at this, standing up quickly. Everyone said their temporary goodbyes before leaving the restaurant. 

(Y/N) walked alongside Sugawara, silent. It stayed silent for a few more moments before Sugawara asked "do you play any sports?"

(Y/N) was hesitant before looking at Sugawara "I used to do ballet actually, but I had to stop when I was young."

"Why was that?"

"I couldn't afford the lessons." (Y/N) continued to walk along the path. Sugawara frowned slightly, but continued to walk alongside her. The silence returned. 

"I am sorry, about this morning." (Y/N) looked up towards the sky, studying the blue hue that over took the world. "I shouldn't have ran away."

"It's okay, it was pretty early when it happened." Sugawara looked up at the sky "I'm still happy nonetheless about it."

"You are?" (Y/N) stopped in her tracks "why?"

"I've waited 23 years to meet you," he smiled widely, his dimples visible "I never knew how beautiful colours were."

(Y/N) frowned slightly at him, crossing her arms across her chest "you love the colours?"

"Don't you?"

(Y/N) shrugged "I haven't really paid much attention to it, I've been preoccupied."

Sugawara pouted slightly, gently taking her hands. "well, close your eyes."

"Why?"

"Just do it." (Y/N) was hesitant but obeyed, closing her eyes. "Now, try to empty your mind. a blank canvas."

"How do I-"

"A blank canvas." (Y/N) sighed in response, taking a mental step back to empty her mind. "now, open your eyes and tell me what the first thing is you see."

(Y/N) took a deep breath before she opened her eyes. They darted around, studying her surroundings. The bright blue sky sang out, the light from the sun shone across the town, shining on the pavements and the weeds that grew in between them. She took in the man before her, studying his features. She studied the colour of his beige and white coloured clothes. She looked into his hazel eyes, getting lost in the colours that surrounded his pupils. Sugawara could only smile at her "well?"

"I see you." 

Sugawara's cheeks turned a red hue, his smile widening "we should probably meet up with the others."