Vee Lozada || Roger

Happy Holidays, Stormers! Hope you're having a wonderful day whether you're celebrating a holiday or just chillin' in your PJs, or sending hugs to those who are working today. Hopefully this will brighten your day. <3 And I know this book recommendation will for sure.

I want to talk about ROGER, by LittleVee, Wattpad Star, Watty Winner, Self-Published Author, and most importantly, my Draco-loving friend. I first came across her gem of a story back when I was in the Rebel Book Club over at Rebel_Town, and helped out judging the Rebel Awards. I started reading ROGER and then got zero work done for the following three days because I was binging TF out of it.

After that I started to consume everything Vee wrote, including her published book To Be Obscure, a paranormal romance featuring a sexy vampire and some wholly unique vamp lore that is a really cool standout gem amongst vampire fiction. AND if I'm allowed to brag for a moment, I totally grabbed a paperback of ROGER while it was still available and it's 100% one of my prized possessions on my bookshelf, haha. I hope hard copies of both ROGER and its sequel CODES will grace shelves again so that you lovely people can grab them too!

 I hope hard copies of both ROGER and its sequel CODES will grace shelves again so that you lovely people can grab them too!

ISN'T IT PRETTY?!

Anyway. I'll stop rambling and get to the meat of this.

ROGER is a fun and interesting sci-fi romp set in the not-too-distant future, centering around artificial intelligence and technology and what it means to humanity. Clara, our plucky protagonist, lives in a world that is technologically advanced enough that everyone can get a Virtual Friend (VF for short) which is a personal assistant and, well, a virtual friend.

Roger is that friend, and their bond grows into a friendship for the ages. Together with Clara's human bestie, Xerxes, and his own VF, she discovers what the government really means to use the implanted AI friends for and what that will do to humanity as she knows it.

I don't want to spoil things, my dudes, because the arcs in this book are so enthralling. I'm a sci-fi fan, hard and soft alike, and this book hits all of the best beats, while also crafting interesting characters with real drive and emotional growth. Vee doesn't pull any punches with the tough stuff, and the story delves into difficult questions of what is morally right and wrong while also exploring the classic ghost in the machine theory.

All of these things together craft an addictive and worthwhile read, that is not only wholly entertaining but leaves you asking important questions. Some that may or may not have answers, which to me is one of the best parts of reading speculative fiction.

SO! Without further ado, I present to you, the lovely Vee Lozada, feel free to shower her in Tom Felton gifs (and me too, really, we love to drown in them).