Chapter 13

"You've got to be fucking joking!" Dorian said through his shaking laughter, struggling to get the sentence out as he gasped for breath.

You grimaced, hiding your face with your hands. "Fuck off," you mumbled, the sound muffled. "I didn't fucking know!"

Laying on your bed beside you, Briar was echoing Dorian's laughter. "I know, I know, you hate him. He had a mask on. Don't you see how incredibly hilarious this is? You kissed George. You hate him more than you hate Malfoy!"

"At least Malfoy doesn't fucking pester me every change he gets," you defend. "Can we just forget about it? Harry and Ron are already having a damn field day with it. It wasn't like I did it on purpose!"

"Or," Dorian said, finally calming down. "Or, you subconsciously knew it was him and that's why you did it."

You reached over, making Dorian yelp as you slugged him on the shoulder. "Ouch! Okay, fuck, it was just a joke!" Dorian said as he rubbed his arm.

"Seriously, can we please just drop it? I already am disgusted enough as it is."

Briar held up her hands, indicating she was done. "Sorry, I know it's probably a sore spot. But really, it isn't a big deal. At least George isn't entirely ugly, you know? At least he doesn't look like Pucey."

You snorted at that. "You better not let him catch you saying that or he'll have you out cleaning out the showers and locker rooms by hand like he had Crabbe do during second year when he mouthed off during practice."

Briar wrinkled her nose, making you laugh. "I'd rather swallow a Blast-Ended Skrewt whole than do that."

Propping herself on her elbows, Briar continued, "Speaking of boys, though, we have a double date tonight."

You groaned, pushing your hair out of your face. "Briar, I told you-"

"I know, you didn't want me to set you up anymore! But I really just need to get something out of my system, and the guy only agreed if I'd find someone for his friend. It's not even really me setting you up. It's more of a favor, really."

Briar jutted out her lower lip in an exaggerated pout. "Please? For me? Because you love me?"

"Fine," you sighed. "But if he's weird or ugly or anything, I'm out of there. I mean it."

Briar grinned and gave you a wet kiss on your cheek that made you scowl and wipe at your face with your sleeve. "I adore you, you know that?"

Waving your hand, you got up, starting to look for an outfit to wear for your date. "Who is it, anyways?"

"It's Michael Sirota and he's bringing his friend Jason...shit, I forget his last name, but they're both seventh year Hufflepuffs."

Dorian laughed from his seat next to your bed. "Jason Livingston?"

Briar nodded her head. "Livingston! Yes, that's it. Why? You know him?"

"Please tell me you're not laughing because he looks like a troll or something," you said as you picked out a pants and sweater combo that more than one boy had complimented you in before.

"Nah, he's fine. Just...interesting, that's all," Dorian informed you. "You'll probably live, though. He's nice enough."

You rolled your eyes, letting out a short breath of frustration as you set out your clothes on your bed. "That definitely makes me feel better," you replied sarcastically. "Now get out. I have to change."

Dorian grinned. "Nothing I haven't seen before, mate."

Narrowing your eyes, you turned around and shot him an exasperated glare. "That was one time, and you barely even got my shirt off. Besides, you were the one who said we're better off as friends, so it's your fault that you don't get to see all this," you said as you gestured to your body, a joking smile spreading across your face. "Don't tell me you're regretting it, Dor."