Chapter Twenty Nine: Eavesdropping

The end is kind of inspired by Im_lost_hehe

Julie's POV

When we release, Lukes's face is as red as Reggie's flannel.  "Uh... Luke is everything okay?" Alex asks as he tries to snap Luke out of his trance.  He tries to get his attention a few more times before Luke finally responds with, "Huh-w-what?" "I said Luke, is everything okay?" Alex slowly says.  "What?  Yeah, I guess I just got lost in my thoughts." Luke says as his face is still bright red.  I then walk up to him and I tease him.  "You know Luke, you're really cute when you're embarrassed." I wink, smile at him, and then I follow Flynn as she walks closer to the stage watching the performances before us.

  "Told you he'd flip," she whispers to me.  I chuckle.  "Oh c'mon Flynn, he didn't exactly flip.  All he did was stare at me and get lost in a trance." I playfully push her a little bit.  She crosses her arms and says,  "Yeah, and I wonder what he was thinking of when he was in his little trance." she wiggles her eyebrows, and smirks.

When I realize what she means I pretend to puke.  "FLYNN! Why would you ever think about that!" I push her a little bit.  "I meant the fact that you looked really good and hot tonight!  What did you think I was talking about?!" she exclaims.  1,2,3 here comes the flow of questions.  "Did you think that I was talking about...Ewwww girl, you know I would never think about that.  Well, now I am." I can tell that she's trying to get that thought out of her head by the facial expressions she is making and the way she's talking to herself. 

"Oh wait, Julie, I almost forgot to ask you... are you going to tell Luke today after the show?  I was thinking that maybe you could tell him?" she says as she looks back at him.  "Uhh today?  Like as in a couple of hours? I don't know Flynn, seems pretty risky.  Like what if he doesn't feel the same way then I'll be crushed..." I begin to pace around and ramble on.

Flynn's POV

Here she is.  Nervous, pacing, and rambling Julie.  It happens all the time when she's nervous about something or doesn't know what to do.  She starts by just saying stuff, and then she starts saying all the negative things that could happen.  "Hey, hey, hey Julie calm down it's going to be fine.  You don't need to freak out about this.  You've got time.  You can wait till later to tell him." I say as I try to make her calm down a bit.  When their names get called, Julie takes in a deep breath and then walks on and Luke, Reggie, and Alex follow her.

Willie's POV

"Luke are you okay?  You kind of  like snapped out of reality for a second there." I say to him.  "Huh, oh y-yeah I w-was fine." he stutters.  "Uh-huh, ya know Julie looks pretty good tonight Luke... and she's wearing your jacket.  I would say that Luke was daydreaming about her.  And Luke I'm allowed to say that because I'm not straight." Alex says to him.

"Pftt why would I be thinking about Julie?!" he tries to cover it up, but we all know him well enough to know when he's lying.  "Oh c'mon Luke, you're not fooling anyone.  We all know that you were thinking about her." Reggie says to him.  "But I wasn't!" he protests.  "Mhm, yup, sure," Alex says sarcastically as he gives him a look as he crosses his arms.

Julie's POV

As we play the nerves slowly melt away.  I go to Luke, and we switch between the parts, and the fire in his eyes when he sings, almost makes me pass out.  Luckily though, I pulled through and I was fine.  Since we were the last performance that night, we were able to leave pretty quickly.  Flynn put a poster up on the bulletin board so that the managers knew who to call if they wanted to contact us. 

"Hey guys, since my dad is out of town again since he needed to help people take pictures for this couple's wedding and he won't be back till Sunday, so do you guys wanna come over for a sleepover?  Tomorrow's Saturday, so maybe we can go to the mall and then go to the arcade.".  Once they all agreed to come over, they all went home to pack up their stuff.  Of course Luke was the first to arrive, then Flynn, Reggie, Alex, and then Willie.