(1) House Hearthorne

Reader POV

Reader POV

The clock chimed in my room, alerting me that the new year had come.

I sat in the dim candlelight of my room, still writing letters to my father.

Dear Father,

It is but another day in the House Hearthorne. Brother Adam insists I marry, as well as Mother.
What good is a woman with a husband who will not support her dreams?
I suppose I should just shut my mouth and go along.
Perhaps the Duke of Hemmings will ask for sister Mary's hand in marriage as she is far more adamant on marrying.
Whereas I am reluctant as I do not wish to give up on my dreams so soon.
I miss you so much, Father. Do hurry home.

Love your dearest daughter,
(y/n) Anastasia

I sealed the letter and put wax over it, kissing it for good luck and giving it to my lady in waiting to deliver to the post.

"Actually..." I took the letter off her tray. "Perhaps a walk will do my mind some good."

"At this hour?" She asked me with worry.

I nodded. "Do sleep, Anne. I believe you need it more than I."

"But my lady-"

I held up my hand. "I most certainly insist, Anne. Do not worry about tomorrow, I shall deal with Brother Edwin's nagging myself."

She smiled gently and bowed. "As you wish, Lady (y/n). Pleasant morning."

The servant left and I put on a coat, heading the opposite direction to the staircase.

I saw a pair of glowing red eyes and almost screamed until my second eldest brother revealed himself in the very pale moonlight.

"Brother! You almost frightened me so!"

Edwin eyed me up. "Just what are you doing, (y/n)? Shouldn't you be asleep at this hour?"

"I-"

"Never mind. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised," he smiled faintly to reveal sharp fangs.

We were of noble birth in the very highest of high society of England.

Specifically London, where the Queen herself is close to my family.

But we were also pureblood vampires.

My brothers gained the traits to turn into other creatures and required blood from their mates (or supply bags as not all four of them had mates).