(3) High Tea

Double update!

Double update!

Reader POV

The high tea with Her Majesty was something that shook my nerves as I could never afford to make myself look like a fool in front of Her Majesty Queen Anne.

"Remember to breathe," Edwin warned me as the carriage pulled up to the royal palace.

The gates opened up and the horses trotted through, passing the sights of the castle grounds.

Unlike the myths said, we could indeed go out to the sunlight and eat garlic, but we could not go near silver as it was lethal.

"Shall we?" Edwin offered his arm and we walked up the staircase.

Mother had chosen me to wear something modest yet refined as the Queen herself asked me.

"Your Majesty, your guests have arrived."

The curtains in the gazebo flew in the wind and the Queen waved her hand.

"To what do we owe the pleasure, Your Majesty?" Edwin and I both bowed.

She stared at me first. "A beautiful girl. I approve of my son's choice. You two shall make beautiful heirs."

That's the first thing you say to me??

She looked at my brother. "And you as well would make fine heirs. Rintarou? Rinako? I approve of your choices."

I looked up and saw Rintarou dressed in navy blue as was his sister.

He smiled and stood up. "Allow me to escort you into a chair, my lady."

The prince kissed my gloved hand and lead me to my seat, pushing me in then seating himself.

"Tell me," Queen Anne smiled. "Why do you wish to be married to Lady Hearthorne, my dear son?"