20

Aria

Dinner with Deepak was super fun. He's a complete goofball. A very innocent one too. When we came back to the hotel he ordered a huge tub of ice cream for me coz I was feeling sad. He reassured me that everything will be fine. He even sat and watched a romcom with me. What a sweetheart he is. I can see us becoming best friends in the near future.

Ah thinking about best friends, Sagar will be back tomorrow from his trip with scarlett. I haven't spoken to him since he left. Didn't wanna hear weird sounds from the phone that would scar me for life, if you know what I mean. I still had 2 more days in Australia before I go back to Bangalore. Back to the same routine. I miss the hospital so much. But it also means that it's my last two days with shrey. I want us to go back to being normal with each other. But the way he's been acting I don't see it happening any time. With a stomach full of icecream and heart full of sadness I fell asleep.

I woke up in the morning with the sun shining on my face. I must have forgotten to close the curtains. I got up and brushed my teeth. I had no plans for the day. Deepak and the rest of the boys planned on going to a little trek but I didn't have the mood for it. I'm gonna sit in my room, eat chocolates and sulk the whole day. I took out my laptop to choose a movie that suits my mood. I picked five feet apart. It's always a good cry with this movie.

After finishing it, I was a mess of tears and sobs. I ordered chocolate cake. Leave it to chocolate cake to brighten my mood. I saw the clock and it was about 1pm. It's never too early or late for chocolate cake. I sat up again looking for another sad movie when there was a knock on my door. Must be the chocolate cake. Perfect timing. I ran up to the door and opened it and found no one. I turned around and looked around but still found no one.

Before I turned to go back inside something at the doorstep caught my eye. It was a white envelope with a red rose on it. I picked it up looking around to see who left it there but found no one.

I took the letter and went back inside my room and sat on the bed. I opened and found a handwritten note. It said," I know you are Netflix and cuddling with your pillow. But time to get out. Chop chop. Go to the reception and say your name xx".

Who is this person and why does he/ she want to play treasure hunt with me. I'm sad and annoyed already and really not in the mood to get pranked. But curiosity got the best of me. I had to know who this is. So I quickly got dressed, took the envelope and rose with me and rushed down to the reception.

"Hey. Um.. I'm Aria. Did someone leave something here for me?", I asked the receptionist.

"Oh yes. Here you go", he said handing me another envelope, a rose and a car key. I opened the envelope and read it.

"Go outside and look for the the fancy baby I've chosen for you xx".

I looked up at the receptionist and found him smiling.

"Do you know who gave this?", I asked him giving him a confused look.

"Maybe, maybe not".

"Will you tell me if I ask?".

"Absolutely not. I'll lose my job if I do", he said shaking his head.

"Find it out. I'm sure you'll love it", he said giving me a nod.

So that's what I did. I ran again outside the hotel and frantically looked around trying to find the car. That's when a black car caught my eye. It was a mini cooper. I walked up to it and opened it with the key the receptionist gave me. It had another white envelope and a red rose on the driver's seat.

"This one reminded me of you. Small and cute yet classy. I hope you know how to drive. Follow the directions written behind xx".

I turned the note and found an address written on it. It was of a cafe here around the corner. I got in the car,entered the address in the GPS and drove. After about 10 minutes of driving I reached this cute cafe called 'Beans 'n cream'. I walked in and the bell on the door rung. Ah I love these little bells. As soon as I went in the lady at the cashier gave me a warm smile. She walked up to me and looked at all the roses in my hand.