Chapter 3 - Drunken state

Ok so, while I was writing this I cringed so many times, so that's something you may want to be careful of, but I finally finished writing the fluff that like, nobody asked for, but enjoy anyways!

"AHHHHH!! What are you doing here!" I scream at the boy, backing up as fast as I can cuddling Rat close to my chest. Looking at Zak's face, he seems to be 100% drunk, not even a bit of soberness showing. He tried to stand up only collapsing on the ground 5 seconds later. "oh, my goodness Rat what are we supposed to do. We can't just leave him here!"

I quickly set Rat down on the ground and walk over to Zak. He seems to be almost the same height as me, only a bit shorter.

"Hey Rat. You think I'm strong enough to pick this muffin head up?" Rat barks happily in response. I don't think she understood what I said.

I look at Zak than slowly pick up his fragile body, walking towards the dorm building. Then I quickly realize that since I live on the 5th floor and there are only stairs. Fudge. I start climbing up the stairs slowly, Zak's body weight weighing me down. Rat follows me close behind looking curiously of why I have a bloody kid in my arms. I get to the fifth floor out of breath and get ready to enter my room when my next door neighbor peaks his head out.

"Hey Darrly!" Clay says.

"Hi Clay!"

"Why do you have a bloody body in your arms?"

"I'm not sure, he collapsed in front of me and Rat"

"so you didn't murder him?"

"NO!"

"Ok great. But I didn't expect you to bring back a boy today, usually it's only Rat."

"He seemed to be drunk, so i wanted to make sure that he's ok."

"Try not to make too much noise while hanging out with him!"

"What. NO THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANT TO DO!"

Clay's laugh rings in my ears even after slamming his door close.

Zak stirs in my arms partially opening his eye, "Where am I?" he mumbles every word slurring.

"In my arms. We're in front of my dorm."

"oh." He sighs then closes his eyes again this time snuggling his head against my chest. I feel very uncomfortable, but he seems to be happy, so I just go along with it.

I carry him into bathroom and set him down on the floor sighing. Why did this kid have to show up near my dorm? I quickly take a warm washcloth and wipe off all the dirt and blood on his face, revealing multiple glass cuts and bruises. My anxiety quickly kicks in I slowly start to feel myself panicking and quickly just leave the bathroom to get him some replacement clothes, since the ones he's wearing right now seem to be covered in blood and stained in different alcoholic beverages. I stuff his blue hoodie and black sweatpants into a bag and help him get into a black hoddie with a red stripe and black skinny jeans.

I take out a few band-aids from my bag and put them over the cuts, as I finished with the last band-aid I hear a phone ring near me. I pick up my phone from the bathroom counter only to find that no one has called me or texted me in the last few hours. Looking around I spot the sound coming from the bag of alcohol stained clothes. I untie the knot quickly and pull out a blue case phone with a face on the back.

1 missed call from sis

Wait what. I look at the phone screen realizing I don't know the password also, it's also 12AM in the morning!? HOW LONG WAS I STAR GAZING??? That doesn't matter right now. I need to call his sister to pick him up, but didn't he say he had some beef going on with his family right now. Maybe it isn't the best idea to call his sister, but I also don't want Zak to wake up tomorrow morning and panic.