Chapter 2 - Library Talk

This is just more plot and character development, I'm only publishing another chapter since I'm a little sad today and had some extra time on my hands to burn, and yes Skeppy may have had some alcohol, but... I'll say a little more in my next chapter. I need to get up and get ready for my day.

After locking my bike on the bike rack, I go inside to look for Zak. Spotting him at a small table in the back talking with another girl I recognized, Rose, also known as Finn. I walked towards the table slowly, they didn't seem to care much that I was there, "hello?" I said.

Rose whipped her head around and looked at me, "Hi! Who are you exactly?"

"He's my partner for the project." Zak said with a tired voice, rubbing his eyes.

"Makes enough sense. He looks like the nerdy type." Rose said with no hesitation, "Anyways I'm going to go back to my dorm. Make sure to be on time to the party tonight!"

Zak groans, but replies with a, "sure, see ya." Before turning around and looking at me.

I just stare at him, "Where do we even start."

"What type of game is it going to be?" He says.

"I'm not sure. My parents never really let me play games while I was growing up, but I do want it to be a multiplayer game, so than people can play it together and spend time together." I respond.

"Ok. That just means we're going to have to program two characters into the game. What type of game should it be, adventure? Parkour? RP? Battle?" He asks looking around the library for ideas."

"OOOOOoooo adventure and parkour sound like fun!" I say excited to work on this project.

"So kinda like Mario adventures?" he asks.

"well kinda. But better story line and easier." I say with a little hesitation.

"Was that the only game your parents let you play?" he looks at me in concern.

"uhhhh maybe" I say feeling a little attacked.

"woooow, you had a boring childhood, but I guess it is expected out of a nerd like you." He says while rolling his eyes.

"WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEA-" I start raising my voice.

"shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" the librarian shushes me.

"I'm so sorry!" I say to her. Out of the corner of my eye I see Zak with a giant grin on his face, "Are you laughing at me?" I question.

"maybe..." he says smirking.

"My feelings are hurt." I say pouting lightly, I quickly take the chance of using his sympathy to get some answers, "also why did you choose me? I'm not the usual type to be chosen for a partner, usually I end up with no partner and do all the work by myself."

He fiddles with the strings on his blue hoddie, "look. My grade isn't exactly good, and you seem to do good every time." He says casually.

"So, you are using me for your grade?" I say feeling a little disappointed.

"well. No. I also needed a partner for the project, since I missed most of the classes and usually just take the online courses, but my sister got mad at me yesterday for not doing any of the work, so I need to go to class now." He rants I zone out for a few minutes not listening to what he said, "Hey." Zak says snapping his finger in front of my face. "I know you weren't listening, but by any chance did you go to a private elementary in Clearwater, FL?"

"I remember I did, but my parents dropped me out sometime during fourth grade for something." I reply.

"Ok." Zak replies obviously hiding something he knows, but I ignore it.