Chapter 4:Exact Opportunity

As Yuta watched the two of them leave together, happiness radiating from their cheeks, he couldn't help but hang his head low as he made his way home. Regret flooded his mind, drowning out any semblance of hope he had. He wondered if he was a coward, waiting for a chance that might never come. Perhaps, he thought, this wasn't meant to be, that he lacked something everyone else seemed to possess. Without looking back, he trudged home, the weight of disappointment heavy on his shoulders. The moment had pierced Yuta's heart, leaving him to feel that all the bad luck and negative events were solely his burden. At home, Yuta immersed himself in a bath of sadness. As he gazed at his reflection in the water, tears welled up in his eyes. With each drop of water from the faucet, tears fell from his eyes like rain from a cloud heavy with moisture. Yuta couldn't understand why he was crying. "Why shed tears for someone who doesn't reciprocate your feelings? Are you foolish?" he chided himself. After a while, he finished bathing and went to his room to get dressed, determined to forget the pain so it wouldn't interfere with his demeanor.Yuta and his mother visited his grandma's house, where his cousins, uncles, and aunts were gathered. His mother cooked, and they all enjoyed a small feast together. Yuta, lacking a phone, borrowed his mother's phone to browse Facebook for news and memes. While scrolling, he thought of Liya and how he could ask her about Ash and Wayne's relationship. However, he decided against it, instead pondering other ways to win Ash's affection. One idea was to challenge Wayne for Ash's heart, but he quickly dismissed it, knowing that Wayne had the support of the bullies in their class. Feeling like a mere dog compared to Wayne's lion, Yuta considered waiting for them to break up and then swooping in to comfort Ash. The thought excited him, and he relished the idea of seeing Wayne despair, hoping for a second chance.A week later, the day of the recollection arrived. Yuta woke up at 8 A.M. without any food prepared for the day. He asked for his allowance and quickly went to the nearest supermarket to buy food for the event. With only 40 minutes to prepare, he bathed, dressed, and ate, managing to arrive at school just five minutes late. Nervous about missing the shuttle, he was relieved to learn that the call time was just for gathering. The shuttle arrived and took them to the venue. They all arrived safely and were greeted by the recollection facilitator, who guided them to the room where the event would take place. Throughout the day, they participated in various activities, learning about recollection and its significance. After a break for food and rest, Yuta overheard his classmates discussing Ash and Wayne's relationship. He learned that they had broken up, giving him newfound hope. He spotted Ash wandering alone and decided to keep her company, finally seeing a chance to get closer to her.