Chapter 2: A Fish Caught by its Mouth

As Yuta caught sight of Ash gliding past him, he instinctively nudged Tan. "Tan, di-di-did you see her?" he whispered eagerly. "Who?" Tan inquired. "Ash Conifer." "No, I was looking straight ahead, heading to our line," Tan replied. Yuta recounted, "When I noticed her near me, I was transfixed, like a statue, watching her until she reached her destination." Tan playfully tapped Yuta and emitted a strange onomatopoeic word. "Yiee," Tan exclaimed. "Shh," Yuta cautioned, "Remember, it's a secret. Don't let anyone discover this." The two proceeded to their line, ascending the stairs to their room. The final period concluded, with everyone becoming well-acquainted. All students were content and jubilant about the first day of class. Before heading home, Yuta recalled something that had popped into his mind. He ruminated over it, pondering its significance. While strolling in the hallway, the thought resurfaced. Yuta had concocted a plan on how to acquaint himself with Ash further. He needed to enlist the help of Ash's best friend to learn more about Ash and her likes.

After a week of scrutinizing and observing Ash's movements, Yuta noticed that Ash was always in close proximity to Liya Murshner. Yuta devised a plan to gather information on how to be closer to Ash. After the first period, Yuta approached Liya to forge a friendship. This was Yuta's first move. Yuta and Liya got along famously, sharing the same vibe. This made it easy for Yuta to glean information just by conversing with Liya. However, Yuta sometimes forgot about his mission to gather information about Ash and simply went with the flow, as the two became good friends. The adviser's observations about the students proved beneficial to Yuta. The teacher planned that all the students would be shuffled according to their closeness. Sir Mab placed Yuta in the middle, right next to Liya. This was a great advantage to Yuta, as he was in close proximity to Liya, allowing him to converse with her instantly after class or during free time. Yuta seized every opportunity to gather information about Ash. While conversing with Liya, Yuta sensed something fishy about their interactions. Liya cut to the chase and asked, "Yuta, do you have a crush on Ash? Answer me," Liya demanded. Yuta responded, "Maybe, I don't know. Maybe yes, maybe no." Liya discovered that Yuta had a crush on Ash. "So, Yuta, why didn't you tell me right away?" Liya questioned. "Because I work slowly and I am not a fan of mistakes. When I make a mistake, I must stand up again," Yuta explained. "Ok, we will proceed slowly but surely, as you say," Liya agreed. "Liya, can you help me get closer to Ash?" Yuta asked. "Yes, why not? You are almost my bestie after all," Liya replied. "Ok, thank you very much, Liya," Yuta expressed his gratitude. Liya reassured Yuta, saying, "It's nothing to me. I can't wait to imagine you with Ash." "Hehe, if I am not that shy, maybe I can," Yuta mused. Problems weighed on Yuta's mind. How could he win over an angel if he couldn't even be near her? The shy side of Yuta had resurfaced.

The bell rang, signaling lunchtime. As usual, the students lined up by height and proceeded to the school's canteen. While eating lunch, Yuta informed Tan that he had a plan to get closer to Ash. Yuta proposed that Tan assist him. Tan replied, "Yes, why not? Let's do this." The two ate their lunch together, with Tan teasing Yuta about Ash. After finishing their meal, Tan checked his watch to see if it was time to return to their classroom. With plenty of time to spare, Yuta and Tan ventured outside the canteen to explore the school building. As they inspected the building, they noticed its age, with moss growing in some parts. They wandered around, exploring different parts of the school. After a few minutes, they lined up and ascended the stairs for the next period of class. When Yuta entered the room, he felt pleased and happy because he had explored the school in such a short time. For the last period of class, the students were tasked with creating and presenting a slogan. Yuta excelled at reporting, while Liya excelled at slogans or handwriting. The two worked well together on their projects and tasks. As a few students finished their presentations, it was Yuta's turn. However, as he walked to the front, his shy nature overcame him. It was as if the devil and angels were perched on his shoulders, influencing him. When Yuta stood at the front of the class, he began to speak and report on their project. The project was good, but it was Yuta's job to make it perfect through his report. All of his classmates were amazed by Yuta's posture and presentation. Liya and Tan cheered for Yuta, which made him nervous yet also proud. He finished his report to applause and praise from his classmates. Before returning to his seat, he glanced at Ash, who smiled back at him. Yuta felt victorious, earning two points: one for the successful report and one for Ash's smile. It was a very happy day for Yuta. Liya and Yuta exchanged claps, celebrating Yuta's successful presentation. After Yuta, a student reported, followed by Ash. "Yuta's Eye," Yuta's technique, involved staring at an object or person for an extended period. It required focus and determination. "My determination and focus are not wasted on a beautiful angel that God has sent to me," Yuta declared. After Ash's report, a few more students presented before the end of the last period. As the bell rang, signaling the end of the day, Liya introduced Ash to Yuta. Yuta mentioned that he needed to go home, but before leaving, Ash stood in front of him, just two feet away. Liya then introduced Yuta to Ash, and Ash introduced herself as well. Liya and Tan were pleased with the outcome. After the two introduced themselves together, Ash excused herself to leave with Liya, while Yuta and Tan departed for home. Yuta had scored 3 points!