Foreword

Dear reader,

I'm afraid that Ian Mansell is unable to write the foreword to his findings on the titular "Circus Freakshow", so my words will have to suffice.
My name is Cedric LaBeau, and I am the Ringmaster of this Circus. As you may be able to deduce, this means that I know a fair deal about the goings on of the circus. But I am not aware of everything. After having read each journal entry that was kept by Ian, I have decided that it is within our business' best interest to publish them for the public to view to remain completely transparent.
When Ian had gotten in touch with me over a year ago, I expected a close working relationship with the man. However, when he arrived it was clear that this would not be the case, with him opting to work alone and take on the heavy work of introducing himself to the acts, digging through paperwork and surveying equipment as opposed to accepting a little help from myself. He said it was something to do with finding out what's "really going on" here at the circus.
I just want the record to show that I did attempt to prevent Ian from the fate that he succumbed to, and did not sit idly by as another person suffered at the hands of my circus.
We've gotten a bad reputation over the years, you see? Mysterious disappearances and strange events have followed us wherever we have travelled. I suppose that this has given us a particular following amongst the fans of these sort of paranormal goings on. Especially due to the shaded past of  many of our acts. I would like to assure any readers now, that despite what is said in these accounts, every member of the circus is here of their own volition and wishes to remain here for the duration of their contracts.
I believe that these words suffice to set you up with enough insight to go into these accounts with an open mind.
Due to the nature of the circus travelling all over the world, we rarely get a spare minute to rest and recuperate. This will lead to journal accounts being posted periodically as opposed to all at once, as there are a many more things that need taking care of here. In light of this, I would like to encourage your patience and understanding at this time. I will also provide casual updates and enlighten any of you on any burning questions that you may have. Whether that be through your comments or if our circus happens to stop in your town whilst we tour. If the latter is the case, feel free to ask one of the acts for me, and I will be happy to oblige you. I always have time for my audience.
Please enjoy.
-Cedric LaBeau Ringmaster of Cedric LaBeau's Circus Freakshow 2020