chapter 3

Christopher's POV

She infuriates me! Why cant she just go along with it why does she have to argue and question me. I finally stopped arguing with her and went to get dressed, when I came back out she was still sitting facing the wall with a pout on her ruby red lips. I Sighed walking over to her, I sat beside her and she ignored me. I Was left with no choice, I Stood up, grabbed her around the waist and threw her over my shoulder.

"Where are you taking me? Put me down! Christopher Rossi I swear to god I will murder you!" her heavy french accent making her sound even more agitated.

"How ironic," Mateo smirked his arm around Rose's shoulders.

I Ignored him and continued down the stairs. I Left the house and set her down in the car Then got in after her and locked the doors. She shot me a dirty look and crossed her arms ignoring any attempts I made to talk to her. When we arrived at the dress shop she finally gave me the attention I had been wanting. Her eyes were wide and there was a smile gracing her soft features. We got out and went inside the dress shop.

" pick your favorite you're going to meet my mother so I want you to be happy."

When she had grabbed about 10 different lavender colored dresses I Came to the conclusion it was her favorite color. Every time she tried one on she asked me to judge it and tell her which was my favorite. We eventually found one and I Bought it for her. We got back in the car and when she was sure I Wasn't looking she changed into a tight lavender dress with thin straps. I turned and was speechless,she looked like a goddess, her pale skin pairing perfectly while her dark hair and red lips contrasted just right.

I Coughed and asked the driver to get going. Since getting changed Mary was much more talkative and told me all about her strict parents and how they would kill her if they knew where she was and who she was with, she told me of her family's money and even that she was glad to be stuck with me. When we arrived at the restaurant she looked at me nervously.

"What if she doesn't like me," she asked quietly.

"Doesn't matter. I Like you," I whispered the last part hoping she hadn't heard, luckily my mother came over and kissed my cheeks, Mary giggled quietly when she saw the red lip stains on my cheeks, when my mother turned I Gave her a funny look and introduced them. she kissed Mary's cheeks next and Snickered at the red lip marks that were now also on her.

Lunch passed quickly and soon we were on our way back to my house. "Mary?"

"hmm"

"why do you hate me?"

I don't Christopher"

"Then why did you ignore my hand yesterday when you first got here and why did you argue with me this morning about coming to meet my mother?"

"because I'm independent and because if you're the mafia boss you mum is a mafia mum and if she didn't like me she could have me killed."

"I Wouldn't let her kill you Mary"

"Why not I'm just some random girl who stole your covers last night,"

"But you're so much more! no girl has ever argued with me even before they knew who I am! most girls just agree but not you. and what girl doesn't apologize for getting in the wrong limo, what girl just goes with it, what girl reads for fun when they are in a mansion like this, when they could be off running through the gardens or exploring or with me.''

"This girl does"

"Exactly!"

She laughed at my expression and looked out the window. when we returned to the house I got out and offered my hand, this time she took it and held it until we made it back to my room. When we got inside she went to her small bag and pulled out sweatpants, a cropped tank top and fluffy socks. She quickly changed and ran back into my room when she saw me lying on my bed she ran and jumped on top of me. She rolled off and giggled quietly before grabbing her book and starting to read. I chuckled and got up going around the bed picking her up and carrying her out of my room and into the private sitting room where rose and Mateo were.

I Threw her down lying beside her and she just kept reading. Rose and Mateo were watching star wars so I watched in silence paying more attention to the small girl beside me than princess Leia. As the day continued we went through most of the star wars series and as 11 pm rolled around I felt Mary's book fall and her head droop onto my shoulder. I Looked at Mateo to see him slowly lifting rose off the couch.

he was looking at her like she was the most precious of things and I whispered as he walked past "What have these girls done to us?"