Chapter VIII

"What do you mean?" She asked looking up at him, she just wanted to get over what happened but he had other plans- leaning down he smashed their lips together it was slow and heartfelt, Abygail was confused at first but the contact was familiar and that's when she remembered what had happened- or at least the first 10mins he came into her room.

Pulling away he looked at her with sad eyes and was surprised to see her lean again to peck him a last time.
He stared at her for a moment before he smiled and stood up holding her hand in his.
"Let's get you home before you start getting cold." He teaser removing his blazer placing it over her shoulders, she was speechless never has she imagined him being this thoughtful.
The drive was silent he never let go of her hand as he was driving, she told him that she was staying at her apartment and he complied not minding the long drive.

They stood in front of each other as they arrived the building, she looked up at him and smiled.
"Do you want to come in?" He thought she'd never ask, the relief visible on his face he nodded as she lead the way.
Unlocking the door she got in first and as he was stepping into her apartment she was knocked down by a stranger or so Rang thought, the man stood over her unconscious body and was shocked when his eyes met a furious Rang-

Wincing at the throbbing pain from the hit, Abygail opened her eyes to being in bed in her dimly lit room she eventually noticed the man laying beside her still not letting go of her hand- smiling at his cuteness she used her free hand to play with his soft dark hair.
"Mmh it feels nice." He smiled still not opening his eyes.

"What happened to the guy?" She asked moving her hand to his cheek caressing him softly.
"You don't wanna know." She chuckled at his response and snuggled closer to him, surprised at her behavior he smiled and wrapped his arms around her small body pressing a soft kiss on her forehead.
"I still don't forgive you for turning me blind, like why I was legit minding my own business." She started rambling looking up him, he chuckled and opened his eyes locking their gaze.
"I'm sorry, yes you were minding your business a bit too much I wanted you to be up my business." He winked making her scoff, turning her back on him he pulled her towards him and snuggled his face in the crook of her neck.
Smiling at the warmth he was pampering her with she fell asleep right away.

_______
"Why are you calling this early I'm trying to sleep Yeon." She whined answering the phone she has assumed was hers, the ginger took time to process what was happening before pointing out the unusual.
"Aby... why are you answering when I am calling MY brother?" He pushed curious about what kind of trouble his brother had caused.
"Uh-oh I-" before she could find the words to form a believable excuse Rang woke up beside her and kissed her cheek.
"Good morning." Which Yeon had heard since he gasped and the sound of shattering glass could be heard from the speaker.
"You two, Ji-ah, me, at the snail bride NOW!" the sound of the beep hinted that he was done talking, looking at each other Aby sighed and slammed her face in her pillow grunting, while her partner was chuckling.
"Does that mean I can also answer your calls?" He smirked reaching for her phone but she slapped his hand away.
"Nice try foxy but you just got me in trouble." She smiled sadly at the upcoming earful she knew she was getting.
"Why did you want to keep it a secret?" He asked glaring at her, she averted her gaze and nodded silently.
"I need to be sure that we're a good match Rang, we only met a few days ago and I bet even you aren't sure about your feeling-" but before she could finish her sentence he cut her off.
"No I know, a fox can only love once in a lifetime- it's you who isn't sure about those feelings of yours." He answered bitterly, she knew he was right but it wasn't something she could control.
"I need time, alright?" She smiled trying to find his eyes but he kept avoiding it, she tiptoed and kissed his cheek making him look at her in shock.
"Fine, but only until you figure out your human feelings or whatever." He groaned wrapping his arms around her waist, she nodded in response and hugged him back.
____

"Why did you call me over?" Rang started nonchalantly looking at the window beside him, Yeon seemed to be already exasperated by his behavior but Ji-ah was there to keep him on check.
"Why were you and Abygail together?" He gritted through his teeth, the suspicious woman rolled her eyes and leaned back in her chair.
"Seriously, this again? She got attacked, I found her unconscious took her home and voilà end of story." He explained, he knew he was a good liar but would his brother believe him.
"Why did she stay till morning?" Ji-ah pushed glaring at her roomie who gave her a shrug.
"I took her to my place since if you both hadn't figured out yet when someone is knocked out they can't talk, besides Yu-ri was there and they're good friends."
Ji-ah sighed and excused herself to go to the bathroom, once she was no longer able to hear Yeon leaned and whispered.
"I heard you kiss her over the phone You punk, don't think your lies are getting you anywhere-" but before he could finish his sentence this time Abygail spoke.
"You see me asking you why you're shoving your tongue down her throat eh? Don't push me Yeon neither Ji-ah or you have got the right to call me out on that- I want to keep it lowkey." Rang looked at her and but his lip.
"Don't make me want to kiss you in public." She looked at him and chuckled.
"Don't tease him either."