12

san heard a knock on his hospital room's door and instructed the person to come in, seeing it was yeosang. "what are you doing here again?" the raven haired asked and smiled faintly. "well, good to see you, too." they both chuckled as yeosang sat in the chair next to san's bed.

"i just threw a fit at wooyoung for you." the blonde said proudly, like he had done the bravest thing. "what- yeosang!" san's eyes widened, and he hit his friend lightly on the arm. "i'm trying to help you and i get a hit?" yeosang gasped dramatically and looked away from san, making him scoff.

"y-you didn't...hit him...right?" san asked, glancing at yeosang, only to avert his eyes to his palms again, his friend chuckling. "i was about to, but i didn't want you to hire some hitman to take care of me because i bruised your crush's beautiful face."

san's eyes widened at yeosang's words and he threw his pillow at him. "see? even just by mentioning it, i'm physically attacked." he laughed as san glared at him. "you are awful."

"yeah? should i go?" the blond stood up from his chair and was about to leave, only to be stopped by san's hand, making him sit again. "you're doomed to stay with me, because you upset me." the raven haired said and crossed his arms, yeosang sighing and putting the pillow back behind his friend's head. "is he really not concerned about me? not even the slightest?" san dropped his hands and frowned. he knew it was stupid to have these feelings when wooyoung didn't even want to be friends with him, what's left for something more.

"give him time, san. he's always been stubborn, that's how he is. eventually, he will warm up to you. just wait, okay? you do you and he won't be able to resist much longer." they both chuckled, continuing to talk about random topics.

***

wooyoung spent the day lying in his bed and doing nothing. he either just stared at the ceiling or took a nap to compensate for his sleepless night. awake or asleep, his thoughts found their way to san. the dark haired wanted to just go to him and give him a crushing hug, tell him that everything's going to be okay, that he's going to be okay, and confess his feelings too. he hated not being able to these things, but he knew he couldn't.

no, he mustn't.

he had to stay distant from san, or the raven haired was just going to end up hurt. his thoughts had another idea though. he imagined what it would have been if he hadn't turned into the jurk he is today, if he was strong enough to overcome his trauma and live a happy life with his friends, without worrying about anyone getting hurt because of him.

he shook his head, not wanting to fall into this place again, and went to take a shower to clear his mind. half an hour later he was out, wrapping a towel around his waist. he opened the bathroom door to enter his room again, only to freeze there for a moment as he didn't expect to see his roommate there. wooyoung's eyes scanned the other's body quickly, noticing the bandage on his head was replaced with a small bandaid, his wrist still wrapped. "you're back." he broke the awkward silence as san was just staring at him.

"i-i, um, yes. they said i could just rest at home." san answered, fiddling with his fingers, his head down. "i'll be going to my parents' for a few days. just...letting you know." he finally looked up to see that wooyoung had already dressed up, nodding his head.

san frowned. the younger didn't bother asking how he was, nor if he needs anything. not that he was obligated to, but still it would've felt nice. the raven haired got up to pack some things, ignoring his thoughts. wooyoung lay in his bed the whole time, glancing at his roommate when he had his back turned to him. and when san winced in pain as he grabbed something with his injured hand, wooyoung was on the verge of going to him and soothing him, but he stopped himself and instead scrolled through his phone mindlessly.

soon after san was done packing, he received a phone call. "okay, i'm coming in a minute. no, i don't need help." he hung up and got up, getting his things as he made his way to the door. "well, um, bye. see you in a few days, i guess." he turned to wooyoung who only glanced at him before continuing to busy himself with his phone. san smiled sadly and exited the room, and then the building.

"san! oh my god, honey, are you okay?" his mother went to hug him as soon as he stepped foot out. "i'm fine, mom, but you're going to crush me." he said almost out of breath, and the woman pulled back, cupping his face to scan it. "look what that bastard has done to you! i'm not letting him slide."

"mom, calm down. i'm fine, and it was partly my fault. i already talked to the guy." san smiled reassuringly and his mother sighed in content. "you're all grown up now, dealing with your life alone. i'm proud of you, san." she smiled through teary eyes, her son giving her a hug. "won't you give a hug to your old man, too?" san heard his father and pulled away from his mother to go to him. "hello, dad." he chuckled and hugged him too, his father patting his head.

they talked for a minute outside and put san's belongings in the car trunk, getting in and driving off. wooyoung was watching them from his room's window. he admired san's relationship with his parents. he himself wanted to be as important to san as his family was, but he knew this couldn't happen. he exhaled deeply and grabbed his phone, going out of the dorms. it was already an early evening, so he decided to go and get a drink. there's no way he would spend these days only thinking about san.