21

"are you sure about this?" wooyoung asked nervously as he was walking beside san to the cafeteria. "woo, calm down. it's been weeks. we should tell them." the older reassured his boyfriend and pecked his lips, grabbing his hand.

"yeah, but i haven't talked to half of them for a year. i don't think 'hey, i'm back to being the happy virus wooyoung and i'm san's boyfriend now' is the best way to apologize." wooyoung stopped in his tracks and lowered his head, frowning.

"look at me." san grabbed his chin and made him face him, smiling reassuringly. "it's going to be okay. they'll be more than happy to see you. besides, i'm right next to you." he caressed the younger's cheeks, making him smile.

wooyoung took a deep breath and squeezed san's hand lightly as to give his own self strength. the two then made their way inside and found their friends' table. san showed his dimples in a bright smile, waving at the boys. they greeted him with the same, but then froze as they saw the other.

aside from yeosang, who was aware of wooyoung'a coming, there were five other boys. surprise and shock was written on their faces as they weren't expecting their old friend to suddenly come here. seonghwa was the only one to actually pay attention to san holding wooyoung's hand.

"guys, wake up. wooyoung and san here have something to tell us." yeosang decided to break the awkward silence and get everyone's attention on the two newcomers. "why do i need to listen to him? i'm not interested in threesomes." a deep voice said, earning glares from everyone, except wooyoung who was smiling sadly. he had expected such outcome of this conversation.

"mingi!" a short blond male, going by the name hongjoong, exclaimed in dissatisfaction. "no, hyung, it's okay." wooyoung got the attention back on himself, san holding his hand tight to show him everything was going to be fine. "i'm sorry." the younger started, earning a scoff from mingi.

"i really am." wooyoung looked at him as he said that as to try to make him believe, even though it didn't look like it worked. "i know i've been a jerk. and i know i don't deserve to be friends with you anymore. but, truth is, i miss you. all of you. i miss you so much. i would've just kept ignoring you, but blame yourselves for being friends with my boyfriend." at this point, wooyoung gained some courage and started gesturing with his hands in the air.

san just smiled next to him, loving the way his boyfriend was finally going back to his confident self. yeosang, too, was sitting there with a smile on his face, while everyone else wore the same shocked face. "your what now?" a tall male with dark hair and puppy like face asked, his eyes traveling between wooyoung and san, just now noticing them holding hands.

"wooyoung and i are together. it's actually been three weeks already." san meddled in as his boyfriend was too awkward to talk. yeosang and seonghwa smiled knowingly, the others still looking surprised. only mingi looked a mixture of surprise and dissatisfaction. "well, congrats. now, if you'll excuse me." he said with his deep voice and stood up, making his way out of the cafeteria.

wooyoung frowned at the sight and grabbed his face with his hands. "he's never going to forgive me." he mumbled and groaned in frustration. "calm down. he was just really hurt." hongjoong spoke from his seat. "not that we weren't. he's just really sensitive, you know it. he really cherishes you as a friend."

"i know. i'm sorry." wooyoung kept frowning, tears brimming in his eyes. san wrapped his arm around his shoulders to calm him and put a kiss on his head. "just talk to him. he needs to know you're not going to leave him again." hongjoong continued his speech, reassuring his friend.

"are we okay, at least?" wooyoung asked the rest of the boys who were sitting on the table. everyone nodded with a smile, yeosang getting up to hug his friend. "welcome back, woo."

"thanks, yeo. i'm gonna go talk to mingi now." yeosang gave him a reassuring smile, san then pecking his lips to give him courage. wooyoung smiled and walked out of the cafeteria, going to find his friend.

***

"mingi? i know you're here." wooyoung climbed the stairs to the rooftop, looking around for the other boy. everything about him sending pissed off teenagers on rooftops started from a certain pissed off teenage boy who needed to clear his mind somewhere. "mingi, we've been through this a lot of times! just come out and let's talk, okay?"

"there's nothing i want to talk about with you." an angry voice was heard as a tall, red haired mingi came out behind a pile of chairs. "then just listen. let me talk." wooyoung walked closer to him and looked at him with desperate eyes. he received a nod, so a small smile made his way to his face.

"i was a jerk. i went through some shit and instead of sharing and dealing with it the right way i decided to ruin my life, not thinking about how you guys felt. and i'm sorry for that. i know how hard it was and still is for you, mingi. i know i don't deserve you nor your forgiveness, but please. give me another chance to be your friend, hm?"

"why couldn't you just share your problems with us like normal friends do? why did you have to leave like everyone else? why, why, why-" mingi had started crying by the time he was finished with his words. wooyoung didn't waste a second to embrace him in a tight hug, patting his back as the other held him just as tightly, crying hard on his shoulder.

"don't leave me again, hm? promise me you're going to be my friend always, hm?" the taller cried out, sniffing. wooyoung tightened his hold around the other's waist and nodded in his neck. "i promise. i'm not going anywhere."