Ch12.

Dave POV
📍Lenox Hill Hospital.

I spotted Eden sitting down in the hallway and immediately walked up to her.

When I got the text about her mom I immediately rushed towards the hospital. I don't care what her dad says, she needs me now and his opinion about me or us doesn't matter.

"Hey." I spoke gaining her attention including the attention from her dad who was sitting next to her. He scoffed and shook his head but didn't say anything. Ion understand why this nigga don't like me tho.

"Hey. Thankyou for coming." Eden stood up and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her to let her know that I'm here. I gave her a squeeze before pulling away.

"Did they say something ?" I asked taking a seat next to her.

"No. They now doing scans and shit. I'm scared." She sniffed and layed her head on my shoulder. I could feel her dad burning holes in the side of my face.

"It's going to be okay. I promise you." I told her. Even though I didn't know if it was going to be okay. I know her mom is a fighter.

"Family Smith." The doctor came out and both Eden and her dad shot up.

"That's us." Her dad said.

"She's asleep right now but we found another metastasis. It caused an open wound under her left breast and she thought it didn't had anything to do with the cancer so she was cleaning up that wound by herself. We immediately need to give her chemotherapy and she needs to stay at the hospital a couple of weeks." The doctor explained.

"But she's going to be okay right ?" Eden asked wiping her tears. My hand rubbed her lower back.

"Right now she's okay, we gave her the first dosing of the chemo and she's asleep right now." The doctor nodded and we all let out a breath of relief.

"Thankyou doctor." Luke nodded, Eden's dad. The doctor walked away leaving the three of us alone.

"Eden go inside, I need to have a word with Dave." Her dad said looking at me the whole time he spoke.

"Dad no I-"

"Eden." Her dad said in a warning tone. She turned towards me and pulled me into a hug. Leaning down I put my face in the crook of her neck.

"Don't let him get inside your head." She whispered in my ear and kissed my cheek before pulling away.

She walked passed her dad and glared at him while he kept his stare on me. He really thinks he is intimidating me or sum.

"I appreciate you being here for my daughter East." Her dad started.

"That's what real friends do." I said and he squinted his eyes at me.

"The two of you really think I'm stupid. I know you and my daughter have something going on." He chuckled.

"I don't know what your talking about sir." I said in a serious tone. I wasn't showing any hint of lying even tho I was lying my ass off.

"I need you to stay away from my daughter son. I'm being serious." He stepped closer towards me.

"Are you seriously doing this right now ? Not to be disrespectful but your wife is in there sick and you are worried about me ?" I pointed towards myself.