Ch3.

📍 East Harlem

"Hey momma, how you feeling ?" Eden kissed her mom on the forehead. Her mom had been fighting breast cancer for over a year now, there are times that it's going good but also times that it's going bad, but she's fighting. She's a fighter.

"Hey baby, I'm feeling good but what time did you come home last night ?" Her mom asked.

"Around 11 PM." She lied, she knew her parents would throw a fit if they knew what she really got home.

"Did you have fun ?" Her mom asked while solving sudoku. Some days she can't do much so she has to lay down on the couch all day watching tv and solving puzzles.

"Yeah kinda, I ran into Dave." Eden watched her mom's face lit up at the mention of his name.

"Brewster ?" She smiled.

"Yeah, he got out." Eden nodded while chewing on her bottom lip.

"He's still that cute boy ?" Her mom asked making Eden roll her eyes.

"He's whatever." She lied because for her he was the finest on the block.

"You lying, show me a picture." Her mom pushed her arm and Eden rolled her eyes before taking out her phone and going to his Instagram page. She showed the latest post he posted.

 She showed the latest post he posted

"Now Lord, if I wasn't married." Her mom mumbled but she heard her.

"Mom !" She said with wide eyes.

"What? That boy fine. Snatch him up, y'all always had this thing for each other." Her mom clapped her hands together.

"We don't." She lied rolling her eyes again. But her mom knows it all since they were younger, they always had that thing. Everybody saw it even if they both were in different relationships everybody in Harlem knew those two would be a perfect couple. The perfect match.

"Who we talking about ?" Her dad came from the backyard plopping down on the couch.

"David." Her mom spoke up before Eden could say something.

"What about him ?" He looked at Eden. Her dad wasn't too sure about Dave because he knew him, he knew what he was into before he got locked up so he wasn't too sure about him. He doesn't want his daughter to end up with someone from the hood, he wants his daughter to get outta here and do big things. But it wasn't his place to pick choices for her. At the end of the day, he has to be okay with the life she chooses to live.

"He's out, and E and he are talking." Her mom was just snitching all her business to her dad like that.

"Why are you talking to a boy ?" He looked at Eden again for an explanation. She rolled her eyes, she knows her dad is the type that doesn't want her to be in a certain kind of relationship at this age. He wants her to focus on school. And he definitely doesn't want her to end up with a hoodnigga, but he has no place to speak on that. Because nobody is complaining about his ass in this house, she chuckled at the thought.