Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Space

Brianna Quinn's P.O.V

1 week later…

"Hey friend! Are you listening to me?"

"A-ahh y-yes…"

"But I think you're not, you know what friend? The person you're staring at, can be dissolve a little." I suddenly returned my attention to court when I heard what Kensley had said.

I almost broke my grip on the glass I was holding with the extra grip. I don't know why I was so annoyed.

I just saw Sir Dean with Ms. Celine and the two were obviously happy because they had been laughing before. I was bitten on my lower lip when someone called me.

"Yanna!" I saw Tristan smile at us then he stood beside me.

"Are you eating, Yanna?" I just smiled then nodded at him.

"Are you? Eat that too… " I have no desire to answer. I remember that since that happened he also kept me motionless for a week.

When we meet, he will suddenly avoid me and when we look at each other, he avoids looking at me. I don't know but I'm innovating and I prefer that he preached and scolded me everyday.

I was hurt by what I didn't know because he was always with Ma'am Celine. I almost don't think he's flirting here. I choose to flirt with his class because I am so angry with him. I was able to take a cutting class because I was so annoyed that I just couldn't see him.

After everything that happened to us, at the same time he forgot about me. Did he really think that I could give up what I cared about the most because I could only chase after his subject?

Later, I saw Sir Dean heading in our direction with Ms. Celine and since we were close to the exit of the cafeteria, I would have stood up to block them when I felt nervous. I couldn't move my foot when I saw him holding Ma'am Celine at the waist.

Am I the only one who feels that he is meant to be sweet to Ma'am Celine every time he sees me?

"Are you okay Brianna? Y-you look so sad…" Tristan asked me thoughtfully. I just shook my head and was forced to smile and later he hugged me.

Until we heard the bell signal the start of class again. Tristan took us to the room and we immediately entered when we saw the happy smile of Ms. Cruz.

"Okay class! I want you to know that we will have a prom night and it will be held the next day so be ready!" The whole scream was heard in class but I didn't feel any joy at that time. It's all gone but I'm still thinking. I didn't know how I can return to my former vigor.

When I felt as if something had stuck in my throat I was so bitten on the lip that I felt like I was going to cry again.

"Brianna, I'm worried about you, because you're always dejected, tell me is there a problem?" Tristan asked me.

We are walking in the hallway together now and I slowly shook my head and smiled at him.

"I'm sorry if I'm making you worried and Kensley… Give me some time to fix myself again." I heard him sigh until I felt his lips on the top of my head then hugged me.

"Brianna… If man is the reason why you're like this just always remember that I'm always here for you to take care of you and protect you and no one can hurt you as long as I live..." I took a deep breath then hugged him back. I'm probably lucky because I had a friend like Tristan.

"Brianna, I like you and I'm willing to court you." I don't know how I will react at that time! I don't know the answer to what he said!

Brianna! This is it, your ultimate crush is confessing! Be happy now but no, it seems like my heart is looking for someone else and I don't know.

Dean Walter's P.O.V

I clenched my fist and I don't know why I was hurting as I saw that man kiss and hug Brianna. I can feel the trembling of my muscles.

Maybe it's only right that I stay away from her because it would be better for her if I left and it's been a week since I made a mistake.

Mistake where I was able to cut my own student and I know she was angry at what I did because I took the only thing she kept for a few years and then it just go to his Professor.

In return I handed her over and maybe it's better for her to think that I'm bad so that he can stay away from me forever.

I am afraid that when others find out that there is a mediator between the two of us I know that she will look bad to everyone and that's what I won't let happen.

It is better for me to be hated by the students at this school because I am used to it. I just don't like her. I was about to leave my position when I heard what that man said to her.

"Brianna, I like you and I'm willing to court you." It was as if I had been stabbed repeatedly when I heard that thing.

Dean, do you think you can?

---

I entered early because there are many things to take care of at school for the prom that will take place tomorrow night.

Mrs.Ynarez explained to us what she wants to happen tomorrow night and even though we are in the meeting today, I am out of my mind and trying to think about Brianna's answer yesterday.

So she agreed… and it was as if I felt a pain in my chest at the thought that she might have agreed.

What is my odds with that man? He was able to protect Brianna better than me who did nothing but hurt her. I shake my head to forget those thoughts.

"Mr. Walter are you listening to us?" I immediately turned my attention to the woman speaking in front. I just nodded as an answer and I just listened carefully to her explanations until we ended the meeting.

"Dean, let's go together." Celine said then clung to my arm. I looked at her hand clinging to my arm and as far as I know I don't want Celine to stick with me but now? Why do I let her do this?

And every time I see Brianna and when we accidentally looked at each other I prefer to pretend that I am sweet to Celine.

Am I so desperate for Brianna to stay away from me? Maybe yes because as time goes on it becomes more difficult for me to accept this situation.

We started walking when I saw Brianna walking as if she was out of her mind. She was alone and the paleness on her face was obvious, they swell and look sick.

I just watched her as I walked and I was surprised when she suddenly fell down and before she fell to the ground I ran fast and didn't understand that I was with someone.

"Brianna! Hey wake up!" Shit! She lost consciousness so I immediately picked her up in more bridal style and I no longer understood the rumors around. I took her to the school clinic then laid her down.

"Nurse Ryu!" Nurse Ryu immediately came when she heard my call.

"Sir Dean, what happened?"

"Please take care of her, she lost consciousness earlier."

"Is that so? All right Mr. Dean, I'll take care of her." and when she said that, she checked her bp and then took medicine to give.

She wouldn't be like this if I didn't do that thing with her.

After all it's my fault...

---