Chapter 72: His Demanding

His smile grew wider and he let out a soft chuckle shaking his head.

What was so amusing?

I wondered.

" Change of plans. If you don't answer my calls. I'll come here everyday. Keep ignoring my calls if you want to see me." He instructed me.

I tell him nervously raising my phone and unlocking my screens.
"I'm busy. I've got to work.

His eyes narrowed and he became even more authoritative.
" I should go to work too." His eyes soften and his features appear sweet and understanding but then he broke my heart.

As expected, he handed me a food stuff that we used the last time when we still a couple. "It 's a sandwich. You used to like sandwich I make. Eat that with the carrot juice. If you skip breakfast, your brain."

A shiver ran down my spine.

This guy not only made me nervous with his presence, but now he was trying to wield power over me with his words.

I decided to be direct.

"Actually, your sandwich isn't so good. I thought it was good back then."

Without hesitation, he captured my hands in his and pulled me.

"Let's have dinner. I will text you. Don't be late. Please." And kiss me on top of my forehead.

I stand there dumbfounded. I shake my head and push the thought from my mind.

I breathe a sight of relief, thankful that I would be getting away from him and his sweet conversation.

I don't know what I was thinking.

I sent a text message to my best friend that I'm going to take a walk without her.

Kath: I'm sorry I can't wait you any longer. He's here.

It didn't take two minutes for Kath to respond.

Kath: Tena, I'm sorry.

My breathing hitched and I started to feel a lack of air in my lungs.

I walked in the middle of the road by myself.

I sighed.