seventeen

Draco woke before the sun the next morning, needing to get up and ready for an unwelcome day at work. His eyes opened to see darkness still surrounding him. The faint lights bleeding in from the street illuminated Evelyn as she slept peacefully. The sheets covering half her exposed back and hair spread thin. He moved all her hair to one side and kissed her shoulders and nape of her neck. A small noise escaped her before her eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning," he said softly with his voice raw from not using it.

"What time is it?" She asked softly.

"Six. I figured I'd bring you to your place before I have to go into work." She turned more on her side and looked up at him.

"It's just not natural to be up before the sun" her voice barely a whisper. He let out a laugh before kissing her cheek. He let his hands lightly roam her arm and put his forehead against hers.

"Do you work today?" He asked gently.

"Yeah. I have lunch shifts all week, except Friday." She looked into his eyes and he felt like he'd been thrown against a wall as the moonlight lit them up to show that sweet caramel perfection.

"You're beautiful," he said without a second thought. Draco bit his tongue at his words, but seeing a light red color cross her cheeks pushed his worries away. She reached her head up to his and kissed him softly. Her hand reaching behind his neck to pull him closer for a lingering touch. He took a long breath before pulling away from her. "I have to go shower" he pulled her hand down and rolled out of bed.

"What no invite?" She said leaning up on her elbows in the bed. He turned to look at her raising an eyebrow at him. He chuckled before nodding his head toward the door as an invitation. She smiled brightly and got out of bed to follow him to the bathroom. He pulled out two fresh towels and turned on the water before stepping in. "Isn't it still cold?"

"Yeah, wakes me up," he said from inside the glass doors.

"You're nuts," she said scoffing.

"It's nice, makes you feel alive" she stepped in behind him and let in a large gasp from the chill in the water.

"Don't be a baby, it's warmer now" he smiled at her.

"Don't call me a baby" she said with some sass. He grabbed her waist and pulled her into the chilled water. She screamed as he held her under the spray of the faucet.

"Feel alive yet" he chuckled.

"I'm going to kill you Draco Malfoy" She squealed, causing a bellowing laugh to escape Draco. He interrupted her squealing with another kiss. He could do this all day if he could. He wished he could.

The water warmed up quickly which calmed her down, though the shower took longer than it normally would, as Draco got distracted quite easily. He kept kissing her shoulders, her neck. Anywhere he could reach.

"You're going to get me in trouble Ev," He mumbled into her ear as the water cascaded down their bodies. He was holding her so her back was pressed against him.

"Maybe you just need to learn to control yourself" She replied softly. His hands wrapped around her waist and landed on her lower stomach.

"Not possible around you." She twisted around to look at him, reaching behind her to turn the water off.

"I'm not going to be the reason your late to work." She argued.

"Well, I can't think of a better one" He smirked, she rolled her eyes and laughed. He reached his hand up and traced one of her dimples.