CHAPTER 19

We wake up and go hiking the following morning. If we weren’t fit enough, we would be breathing heavily right now. We get to the top of the mountain and just embrace the view and Mother Nature. We breathe in the scent of nature. After that we take lots of pictures. We hydrate ourselves and then we head back to the lodge. We shower and then go to the dining hall to eat brunch. When we are done, we change to our swimwear and go swimming.

Alungile: “this water is really refreshing and cooling.”
Me: “you can say that again. I don’t know when the last time I went hiking was. Thank you for this trip Black even though you owed Me.” she laughs.
Portia: “pleasure is all mine babes. Next time we should go in another African country.”
Me: “I am game.”

Alungile: “me too. Here comes Mr. Handsome from yesterday. Today he is with his other handsome friends.” She says looking at the other end of the pool where Mnqobi and his friends are diving in.
Me: “I hope he won’t recognize me.”
Portia: “too late. Your prayer didn’t reach the heavens because Mr. handsome is coming this way.” I curse under my breath.

Mnqobi: “hi ladies. Hi Miss Anonymous.” He says and I can tell that he is being sarcastic. I turn and look at him. He has this stupid smile plastered on face. If I wasn’t in a relationship, I wouldn’t mind dating him.
Me: “Mr. Malinga and friends, how are you doing today?”
Friend 1: “we are okay. You are more beautiful than the way he described you. I am Asange by the way.”
Friend 2: “I am Asakhe.”
Friend 3: “and I am Lungakho.”

Portia: “Asakhe and Asange, are you guys twins or something?”
Asakhe: “we are siblings. So can you tell us your names ladies?” I chuckle.
Alungile: “this is Portia, Nceba and I am Alungile.”
Mnqobi: “so the beautiful missy have such a beautiful name? I am envious of it.” I roll my eyes.
Me: “dramatic much neh?” he chuckles.

Mnqobi: “how about we grab a few drinks by the bar so that we can get to know each other better?”
Me: “I told you yesterday that I am …”
Mnqobi: “taken? I didn’t argue with that.” I sigh and get out of the pool.
Me: “don’t get any ideas and don’t even think of getting me drunk because it won’t end well for you.” He chuckles and follow me to the bar. We sit down and order drinks.

Mnqobi: “I figured maybe you won’t answer some of my questions so I will go first. I am 37 years old. I am a neurosurgeon. I have three kids from different baby mamas. I live in Eastern Cape. I have made so many mistakes but I think I deserve another chance in love.”
Me: “then why don’t you go to The Bachelor or Love Island?” he laughs.
Mnqobi: “are those restaurants where I can get more beautiful and unique missies like you?” I laugh and shrug.
Me: “maybe.”

Mnqobi: “so you won’t tell me your surname, where you live or what do you do?”
Me: “why should i? Just because you have chosen to tell me about your life doesn’t mean I should follow pursuit.” He chuckles.
Mnqobi: “you are such a difficult woman yoh.”
Me: “and that frustrates you because you are used to women throwing themselves at you?”

The thing is my friends and I never disclose our information to strangers. They should be lucky that they got to know our names. That’s a lot. The thing is we have so many convictions under our names. By so doing, we have created many enemies for ourselves. So we don’t like introducing ourselves to any Tom, Dick and Harry we meet.

Mnqobi: “not at all. I just never met a woman who is so beautiful, fierce and confident.” I smile.
Me: “Whatever dude.”
Mnqobi: “where do you stay?”
Me: “KwaZulu-Natal.”

Mnqobi: “how serious is this relationship of yours that you keep rubbing it in my face that you’re taken?” I laugh.
Me: “heal. You sound like a bitter ex.” He chuckles.
Mnqobi: “I would like us to be friends, since you are not keen on giving me a chance beautiful missy.” I smile.