6. An Extra Hour

Aricia

"I know what you are."
"Say it. Out loud. Say it."
"Vampire."
"Are you afraid?"
"No."

My cellphone started ringing. Lazily leaning across the table to grab the remote, I paused the movie and looked at my ringing phone: Steph. I immediately straightened up with excitement.

"Ari!", Steph exclaimed as soon as I picked up her call.

"Steph!"

"Ari!"

"Tell me! Everything!"

"Not now". Confusion crossed my face along with slight dissapointment. "Why? ", I asked.

I heard Steph laugh, "Because first, you gotta come to my house - then I'll tell you everything! "

"Ohh! Alrighty! Let me complete the movie and I'll be there"

"Huh? Which movie?"

"Twilight", I replied. I knew Steph would get annoyed, and she did.

"Ari, you have read that book twice! And you probably watched the whole series for about hundred times! "

"Hey! You are exaggerating it" I said. "I have watched Twilight only five times - and the rest of the parts just twice. That's it!"

"Isn't that enough!? "

"Maybe not. At least not for Twilight", I mumbled as I resumed the movie.

"Is Twilight more important than my first date? ", she asked. I could hear the frown in her voice.

I would have said "No", but at that time, I found it more tempting to disappoint her. So instead, I answered, "Absolutely. Even more than you"

"How could you- Urgh, fine! Go ahead with your lovely, vampire movie. And never call me again, 'kay?", and with that, she hung up.

I snorted, fine, I will never ever call her until she calls me up - I thought, and focused on the movie. But what if she actually never calls you? What if she was serious? No she wasn't, it was just a joke. But what if it wasn't a joke? With a groan, I switched off the television and called Steph.

"On your doorsteps in ten minutes"
                                                                    ¤¤¤¤

I couldn't stop laughing, "You - oh my god - You guys were talking about reproduction in animals!?". I put both my hands on my stomach - now aching out of laughter - in an attempt to stop myself from rolling on the floor.

"It got so awkward that - that I had to talk about something science related" , Steph - now a cute, tomato red - said in a tiny voice. "After all, science is his... favourite subject"

I laughed even harder, "But who talks about reproduction!? That too reproduction in animals?", I shook my head as I laughed, "Ken had mustered some courage, and was about to kiss you. But then that idiot waiter interrupted for the bill, and then it got so awkward between you guys that you -", I couldn't even complete my sentence without letting out a laugh. "You made it even more awkward!"

Steph sighed in frustration, "Yes, I know I am a fool". She stood up from the floor and stretched her arms out. "Anyway, now it's your turn", she said as she crawled up on her bed.

I raised an eyebrow, "For what, exactly?"

"Harry! About what happened when he was walking you to the medical room. How were you feeling?", Steph asked, giving me a mocking smile."Surely you were on the moon"