A Wedding

It's my sister's wedding!

The holy chants were echoing from every corner. The pavilion was bright pink, the same color as my sister's blushed cheeks.

Next to me was my dad his wrinkles like the rings of tree bark, his eyes were the depth of the ocean.

Like the ocean, his eyes had waves, probably resisting his urge to cry, as my sister is leaving him.

The smell of the fire in the middle of the pavilion and the holy chants were like a plain white paper, nothing interesting.

The noises of rumbling from above me and the constant yapping of my relatives were the only ones that kept me from crying and sane.

The sky was mystified, this an outdoor wedding and we checked the forecast, so no rain today.

At least until the end of the ceremony of the holy bond between my sister and brother-in-law.

Suddenly, the rumbling grew louder, and drizzles started; later rainfall started.

The rainfall stomped the fire in the middle of the pavilion and lashed the plastic chairs around us.

The carpet which laid below me vailed in pain and changed color, it sunk into the creases of the ground, by my relatives that were racing into the veranda 

"Ayyo!", yelled the priest doing a ritual. That made me laugh, which was inappropriate, I suppose. 

"Go to the veranda", yelled my dad. He kept biting his lips and mumbling, probably swearing.

Everyone went to the veranda. A veranda is an open-air porch it was attached to the end of the building.

It had two pillars that lifted the majestic roof.

In the veranda, I could smell the sweet smell of rain hitting the grass, also the savory flavors of fluffy pancakes and mounds of sugar-dipped chocolate cakes, waiting there for us to gobble.

My sister safely arrived at the veranda thanks to my brother-in-law; his suit got destroyed completely, but he didn't care.

"Thanks", I said.

"Thanks for what?", he asked, wiping water from his suit.

I didn't have an answer as I realized that my sister is soon-to-be his wife. This realization made me weep, but I didn't show it.