Let you down

Please note this story is QUITE old, and contains writing and story elements that I am not proud of. This is overall pretty edgy, read at your own risk.

The chapter title is a song I enjoy and associate with the chapter :)

If you see any A/N's they are most likely from the other site

Y/N is gender neutral!

TW: Mentions of suicide

"Latte for Y/N!"

You quickly walk over to the counter and grab your coffee, nodding in acknowledgement to the worker. You leave the cafe and make your way back to your apartment. It was early in the morning and the sun was just beginning to rise, the cool air made you sigh. You wanted it to be fall already, you absolutely dreaded summer, but at least you got a few months off. You really needed this break, school was overwhelming you and you felt like you were about to crumble.

You arrived back at your apartment and sat on the couch. For the past few days you've been curled up on the couch, surrounded by pillows and blankets, doing nothing. The only time you left the apartment was to get groceries or to get coffee. Every now and then Katie would stop by, but that was becoming less and less. You knew that you were isolating yourself, but you didn't know what else to do. You just felt so guilty. Lily was going through a lot, but you didn't understand, you didn't try hard enough. She was your roommate, you were around each other all the time. Yet you assumed everything was fine, that she'd be fine.

You knew that Katie didn't blame you, but you felt like she should. Katie was always swamped by school work, so she rarely stopped by. She didn't have time to notice that something was going on with Lily. Katie blamed herself, while you blamed yourself. Only, you didn't make any effort to forgive yourself. You knew you could have done something. You knew you should have done something, but you didn't, and it hurt. Every time you thought about what happened your chest hurt. It pained you, filling you with guilt and sadness. Everything hurt, and it wouldn't stop.

To try and take your mind off the situation, you were re-watching 'Glee'. You hated Glee. It was entertaining though. You sipped your coffee and readjusted your mountain of blankets.

Around lunchtime you heard a knock on your door. You untangled yourself from the blankets and trudged towards the noise. Opening it revealed Katie holding a bag of fast food. A small smile appeared on your face as you opened the door.

"How've you been Katie?" You asked, heading back to the living room.

A sad smile made its way to her face, "Eh... alright I guess, how about you?" She replied, setting the bag on the coffee table.

"Same as you," You paused, "So uh, what all did ya get?" You looked to the bag of food questioningly.

"Oh! Just some Wendy's, for old times sake, y'know?" Katie smiles, and so do you. Katie, Lily, and you used to eat Wendy's all time. When you were in high school, there was a Wendy's right next to the school. Everyone would flock there for lunch, and the three of you were no different.

Katie opens the bag and begins taking things out. Once everything is out you both begin eating, after a second you decide to unpause Glee. Katie stops eating and grins,

"You're watching Glee?" She snickers,

"Yep," You smile,

"I thought you hated Glee!"

"I do."

Katie laughs and shakes her head in response. It was very like you to do something even though you didn't enjoy it. Why? For shits and giggles, simple.

After eating you and Katie talk for a while, just catching up on life. After about an hour Katie says she has to get back to work, and leaves. You sigh and lay down, continuing to watch your slightly dreaded show.

Talking with Katie was fun. You miss spending time with your friends. You miss Lily.

Sadly, there's nothing you can do now.