Fifth Year - 5

Two weeks.

Two weeks since she's spoken to Harry.

And two weeks for Kyra to pull herself together and finally decide to put all of her trust in Neville.

She's going tell him.

Having someone to talk to about her worries, would certainly help her mental health, like her father says.

So, she's down in the common room waiting for Neville to meet up with her. She had told him that she wanted to tell him something last night, so he agreed to hanging out with her this Saturday morning in order to talk.

"C'mon Kyra, you should really get back to work on terrorizing the Slytherin's." Fred suggests.

"Yeah, otherwise they'll start getting out of hand if they think there will be no consequences." George says.

"I'll get back to it when I can, but there were usually no consequences from me if I didn't see it, so it's not like there weren't loopholes in my punishments." Kyra says. "After my father cussed them out, took points away and then handed them a detention last week, I'm sure they'll keep the bullying at relatively reasonable levels for a while."

Neville enters the common room from the boys dormitory, and motions for Kyra follow him. She gives a peace sign to the Weasley twins and follows her friend out of the common room.

"So, what was it you wanted to talk about?"

"Well... first... I can trust you to not tell anyone any of this, right?" Kyra asks.

"You don't even need to ask me that." Neville reassures. "Did you forget who I am overnight?"

"Right. Sorry..." Kyra trails off.

"You can tell me anything." Neville insists. "I'm your best friend, so... you shouldn't even hesitate to come to me."

"It's..." Kyra's eyes shift downward. "...about Cedric..."

Neville is silent for a moment, before carefully selecting an appropriate response. "Okay... you can talk... I won't judge you. I promise."

"Well..." Her heart beats loudly in her ears. "...I was the one-"

"-This is rubbish!" Kyra's eyes shoot upwards at the sound of Dean's angry voice. "You expect us to believe that you're here as member of the Ministry to help?!"

Down the corridor, Umbridge is peering over Seamus and Dean. Neither of them seem to be doing anything either than cuddling on one of the benches in the hall. Kyra notices the way Dean is practically hiding Seamus in his chest, as if protecting him from the pink clothed Professor.

"All I am saying, Mr. Thomas..." Umbridge giggles. "...is that normalizing relationships such as this... may make the wizarding community extinct... If everyone is... homosexual, then how are we to... procreate?"

Oh, that's just gross. Kyra crinkles her nose in distaste. That's just... wow.

Seamus hasn't spoken to Kyra at all, at least not nicely, and his avoidance of her has resulted in her not seeing Dean as much either.