Extra Curricular

Kara woke up the next day and grabbed her clothes. She walked into the restroom and traced her finger softly on the scars bathed on her wrists. She was doing better. She had been clean for a couple months and was really hoping to keep it up. She had no idea what helped keep her clean.

She had no idea and didn't really care. As long as things stayed how they were, she knew she was going to make it through the year. She got dressed in a large knitted gray sweater with it tucked into her high waisted gray sweatpants. Under her sweater, she had a white longsleeve. The rain had cleared up and knowing some of her teachers, she would get hot. She slipped on some black adidas and grey long socks that peaked out under her sweats that didn't quite reach her ankles.

She walked over to her drawers and grabbed her teachers engagement ring. She slipped it into her zipper pocket where it was sure to be safe. She slipped her phone into her pocket and grabbed the coat from where she had it set. She threw her hair up in a messy bun and walked downstairs, ready for the bus.

"Kara?" Alex had a confused look grazed on her face. She hadn't seen her sister dressed like this since middle school.

"Hey" Kara smiled. Alex walked over to her and gave her a tight hug. "What's...?"

Alex's eyes get watery as she pulled away, allowing a tear to fall down her cheek. "You're so happy." Her voice cracked. Alex sniffled and Kara wiped a tear from her face. Alex gave her a tight hug before Kara interrupted.

"We should catch the bus." Alex pulled away and nodded, smiffling and grabbing her stuff. Kara grabbed Ms. Luthor's umbrella before leavjng the house and locking the door.

"I love you, Kar." Alex reminded her sister before they left out the door. "So who's coat?"

"Oh it's um.. Ms. Luthor's she lended it to me yesterday.

"That's sweet of her but Kara.." Alex gave her the look.

"I know. It's not like she's my girlfriend." Kara shrugged and continued walking with her sister. Her sister examined the girl and her actions. Kara lit up at the thought of her teacher. This wasn't allowed.

"Okay well.. just remember-" Kara cut Alex off.

"Yes I know I know." She smiled at her sister before stepping onto the bus to find Winn. "Hey man." Kara saw a slight familiar face. One that she had seen before but never talked to, sitting next to her best friend. Kara took the empty seat across from them.

"Kara this is um... b-brainy" Winn stuttered, still confused about why he insisted on that nickname. That, or it was because of something else.

"Nice to meet you Brainy you and Winn hitting it off?" Kara asked.

"W- no, we aren't hitting anything." Brainy said, furrowing his brows holding up a finger as if he was pointing but no where specific.

"No," Kara chuckled. "I meant you two are friends?"

"Oh.. uh well I've never had friends but Winn Schott seems quite nice." Brainy stated, earning a nod from Kara. "And quite smart. See, I classify him as a level 2 intellect." Kara's eyebrows raised as she looked over at Winn, gaping her mouth a little. "As reference-"

"As reference he's a twelve." Winn began in sync with him until Brainy caught him catching onto his sentences.

"I'm too predictable." Brainy noted as if it was a bad thing. Winn smiled as a shade of pink filled his cheeks.

Kara pursed her lips and then smirked with her eyebrows turning inward. She knew that look.

She turned to the front of the bus, refraining from mentioning the moment that had occurred. "Hey Kara.." Winn's eyes crinkled as he noticed the coat she was carrying.