"You're Normal."- [Chapter One]

A/N: Hello, welcome to my newest story, an adventure-based agere one! At first, it focuses on June getting to the school, testing and all that, but then once she's there, the real story begins. I am really excited to see what people think of this. 

Here's a warning for a lot of people talking badly about age regression/littles and caregivers, the main character is surrounded by people who are judgmental, especially at the start of the story. I don't agree with any of the mean stuff they say, it's just part of the plot to create conflict in the story. Besides the adventure arc, the main character, June, goes through an acceptance plotline. So here's your warning, she also is really anxious and self conscious. She doesn't want to be a little, at least at first. 

Anyways, I think I can just go ahead into the first chapter! I really hope you guys like the characters and the universe I've created for this! <3. I purposely put in a lot of queer characters, and POC ones too. I mean, June is biracial herself, so yeah. Yay for representation! I hope you can find someone in this story you can relate to. Remember to comment with feedback and to vote on each chapter if you enjoyed it!

--

She had a deadline.

A scary, anxiety inducing deadline that demanded she take the test that would determine the rest of her life. And June Faye did not like being scared. Or rushed, for that matter.

Why was she so scared, I hear you questioning as you read. The worst that could possibly happen is that she was sent off to some amazing boarding school. Wrong.

The worst that could happen is that most of her family judged her for the classification she ended up with. The worst that can happen is that she was separated from her one and only friend, Lacie Quinn.

There were a lot of bad things that could possibly result if her test results didn't claim she was a "neutral".

Neutrals were the "normal" people. Those who aren't a little or a caregiver. The teenagers who advance into whatever "normal" public school district they lived closest to. Or maybe private school. Or charter school. Or homeschool-

The point was, they didn't have to go off to some special boarding academy. Littles and Caregivers, however, did.

Lacie Quinn was a neutral. And June Faye was worried that she wasn't. Maybe that's why she pushed off her test until just a week and a half before school would be starting. 10 days, and she'd at one of two schools.

Lindenbrook High School, or Caretot Academy. Where she'd be depended on the test she was preparing to take.

The girl paced around her room, her dear friend sitting on her bed, her eyes following the anxious girl as she tracked throughout the room. "Jay, you're gonna be fine. You get your results like immediately after, so you'll know by the end of today."

Lacie spoke in her usual bored voice. That only ever seemed to change when there was some sort of drama or gossip. June loved Lacie, she really did. But sometimes, she could seem a bit self centered. Dramatic. Wanna-be-mean girl. Except she wasn't capable of being mean without reason. Or on purpose.

Sometimes, she said things that she didn't realize were wrong or rude. It was like seeing a girl with the personality and looks of a stereotypical basic blonde cheerleader who would steal the main characters boyfriend in a movie, except she wouldn't actually do the 'steal your boyfriend' part. She might repeat something really offensive that she heard her dad say, though. The sassiness, the confidence, it was all there. Just not the purposeful bullying. Instead, there was ignorance.