"Document your year."- [Chapter Six]

Mom didn't come home to say goodbye. Neither did Lacie.

It was just June and Archer the day she was due to leave.

On the morning of August 30th, a sunny Sunday where the air was breezeless and the clouds were pretty, June packed her bags to go. Archer made a huge breakfast that morning, offering to help her pack her belongings when they were done.

She had one large suitcase, her school bag, and a smaller hand-held suitcase to pack. The large suitcase sat open on her bed. Archer was helping to fold clothes and lay them inside.

As they tucked away skirts and sweaters, it seemed they were both holding back emotions. Archer would miss his daughter a lot more then he was letting on, and June was honestly sad that her mom and Lacie weren't coming to say bye.

They had hurt her, and she shouldn't want to see them, but she did. There was technically a few more hours....maybe they'd stop by last minute.

June zipped up her school bag after triple checking that she had all of her required supplies and then some. She had packed her clothes and hygiene products into the larger suitcase. She technically had everything she needed, but the smaller suitcase was for extras.

She looked over her stuffed animals, wondering if she should take a few with her. She grabbed the small cow, setting it in. She looked around her room for anything else she could possibly want to take with her. She walked by her desk, her eyes flicking over an empty diary-styled notebook, grabbing it.

She was only gonna be there for a year, maybe she should document it, she thought. She took it in her hands. She couldn't remember where she got it, it was just something she threw on her desk and never used. It was a dark blue color, binded so that it didn't have any rings. There was a thin ribbon on the inside that was meant to mark your page.

Bringing it didn't hurt, she figured. She threw it into the suitcase, moving on to other things. As she packed, she watched the time and kept stopping to check her text messages and emails, anxiously waiting for the bus.

She packed her jewelry, bracelets and earrings and such. She was just about to close the suitcase when Archer re-entered her room, causing her to stop. "Wait! I have something I want you to take with you!" he ordered, holding out the object as he approached her.

June took it, looking it over. "A Polaroid Camera? Why?" she turned it over in her hands, continuing to observe it.

"For memories. Take pictures whenever you want, I have more film to give you too. Document your year, I promise you're gonna thank me later."

"You're acting like I want to remember this," June scoffed, still lowering it into the luggage despite her behavior.

"Just trust me. Even if you don't go back, something like this is important. You'll wish you had more pictures later," Archer assured.

"Whatever. Go get the film so I can finish packing and close everything up," she requested. Archer walked off, leaving her alone.

June found herself very nervous to go to Caretot. She found that part of her mind was hopeful. That maybe, she'd meet other people like her, and make better friends then Lacie. June stopped that train of thought immediately.

Lacie was a good friend. She was mean sometimes, but she was all June had. June would be a bad friend if she tried to replace her.

It seemed that time passed all-to-quickly, because soon enough, she was walking to where the bus would be stopping for her, after getting the notification that the bus was nearby a few minutes ago.