"I have a deal for you."- [Chapter Three}

Going to Stori's was so fun. They got some cupcakes for later, Archer let June get a candy bag (despite the fact that she already got candy), and now, they sat at one of the tables outside, eating ice cream and hot chocolate.

The envelope sat in the middle of the table. June almost wanted to pretend that it wasn't there. "You have to open it eventually, you know," Archer told her when he caught her eyeing it nervously.

"I know," June replied, biting on her lip. She fiddled with the end of one of her braids, twirling it between her fingers. She was still scared, but she wasn't on the verge of a panic attack anymore. She knew that the earlier she opened it, the faster those emotions and anxiety go away.

She had avoided it as long as possible. Her hot chocolate was drained, and her icecream was gone, the remainder melted in her cup. They were sitting there for one reason and one reason only.

She bounced her leg, dropping the end of her braid and reaching forward, grabbing the envelope. She looked up nervously at her father, who gave an encouraging and reassuring smile. June took in a deep, ripping open the envelope without a second thought. She did it fast while she had the courage.

She paused, letting out a breath she didn't realize she was holding. She pulled the paper out, revealing the text of the certificate bit by bit. Her eyes glanced over it, and she felt a drop in her stomach. All her anxiety seemed to dissolve into disappointment. Anxious thoughts fading into fear and sadness.

June Faye is a Little

Age Regressor/Age Dreamer

Headspace Range:TBD

The "TBD" was written in pencil, so that she could change it once she figured it out, while everything else was printed. She just kept reading over the paper, as if it's words would change if she stared at it long enough. Archer spoke up after a few minutes.

"What does it say?" he questioned, though he was pretty sure that he knew.

"It's not right, no way." June claimed immediately, dropping it on the table. She shook her head, closing in on herself, as if trying to get away from the result paper.

Archer sighed, picking up the paper and looking it over himself. "The test is rarely wrong. I've heard of two true retake stories where the person ended up with different results. It's okay that you're a little, June." he spoke in a soft voice, but that did nothing to calm June.

"No, it's not. Mom and Lacie and everyone else are gonna hate me," her eyes glossed over as she began to panic.

"I don't. And if someone is gonna hate you for something like this, then they don't deserve to be in your life anyways." Archer told her.

June was glad that they were the only ones outside, no one was watching to see the situation unfold. "Lacie said she wouldn't be friends with me if I wasn't a neutral. She's all I have, Dad."

She sounded so heartbroken, that voice made Archer just wanna hold her. "You have me."

"I won't when I'm forced to go to Caretot!" she shouted, slamming her hand on the table in front of her. She didn't know why she was getting angry. She wasn't mad at anyone but herself. She was frustrated, sad, and really, really scared. She went quiet, fiddling with the end of her braids like she had done earlier.

"You'll make other friends at Caretot. I promise you, we'll figure this out." Archer was a bit thrown off by the shouting, but he replied calmly. He hadn't expected June to be happy about this.