Adult conversations and nightmares

Penny and Sam were both in mid-conversation with the twins. The two adults to a good friend seemed a bit off. What does one do after discovering that the person you've liked for years likes you back? Sit and smile like school children, apparently. "Penny?" The women's attention shifted.  "Yes, James?" James paused for a minute, thinking of how he could formulate his words correctly. "Have you ever been in a scuba diving competition before?" The older blond smiled. "I have, actually." Sam's eyes went wide. "You've never told me that." Penny chuckled. "You don't know everything about me," she told him in a playful tone of voice. "Apparently." causing the two children to burst out laughing.  Once the kids had helped them put away dinner, Sam went to tuck them in. Penny was reflecting on what just happened. She had told Sam that she liked him more than a friend and he liked her too! She couldn't believe it, her best friend since who knows when liked her and wanted something more with her! She needed to message someone quickly; Sam was reading the Twins a story, so she had a moment to spare. However, she was a little sad when they said that they just wanted their uncle. 

SEND MESSAGE: ELLIE PHILLIPS 

PEN: Ellie, I told him! 

Els: What, NO WAY! who, what, when, where?

PEN: Well, more so, he caught on to me crushing on him. 

Els: Ooooooooooof, sorry pen. 

Pen: Nothing bad about it, I have to go. I talk to you about it in detail later. By the way, how are things with you and Arnold?

Els: Interesting. 

Pen: we have the bit to talk about then. 

Sam entered the room just as Penny set her phone down. "The kids asleep?" The fireman nodded. "We should talk about this," he said, sitting next to her. "Yeah, we really should, Where do we go from here?" She would normally scold herself to ask that, but Sam was one of the people she trusted the most. "Where do you want to go from here?" Sam questioned her, putting her on the spot. "I don't know; I guess I never told you because I'm scared I would lose my best friend." He smiled. "Come on, Penelope, you are stuck with me. you know that, right?" Penny rolled her eyes. "I know, but I can't help but worry." he gave her a small side hug. "We've been through too much for me to lose you as a friend Penny, my dad gave you your nickname." Penny's uncle worked at the Same fire station Sam's father did when he and charlie were little. It's how she knew them. all thoughts weekend and holiday visits to her Uncles, she just ended up playing with the Jones boys. "I miss your father." Sam just gave Penny a larger hug at that. "Me too, Though I am pretty sure he and steel would be quite happy that we aren't getting ourselves into trouble."  Penny huffed at that. She was about to say something when. 

"AHHHHHH!" The pair shot of the couch and ran into the twin's room. "You all right, Sara?" Penny asked. "I had a bad dream," she told the two adults. "Why don't you come out into the living room with Penny, and you can tell us about it if that would help," Sam suggested to her, looking over to James, who was still fast asleep. Sarah nodded. The girl reached up towards Penny, which surprised both of them. Penny picked her up and carried her into the living space. "What was your dream about Sarah?" Sam asked as the girls sat down. "Well, I know it wasn't exactly true, but it felt like it." Penny still had a tight grip on her since she was refusing to let go. "What do you mean by that?" Sara's grip on her tightened. "Well, you and Uncle Sam were dating." Sam smiled at the female firefighter. "Were we now?" Sarah chuckled. "Yeah. You were Uncle Sam. And you really liked each other, like mum and dad, but." Penny looked at Sam, trying not to blush at the thought of them dating, and asked. "But, something happened." Sara went quiet again. "can you tell us? You don't have to if you don't want to." Sam told her. "Well, I know it wasn't real, But you responded to a call. Penny was out on Neptune, dad's bout was stuck. Penny, you had to dive under to get something, except your oxygen tank ran out. There wasn't any time to get uncle sam one; Ben tried to stop you." Sarah said, looking at her uncle. "But you dove in anyways; Penny happened to be stuck on seaweed. Uncle Sam, you didn't get there in time." Penny gave the girl a tight hug. Sam moved over to them. "Sarah, something like that did happen, but Penny and I are alright. We are safe and here with you." She nodded. "I know, but it was just really scary, not to mention you too were all lovey-dovey with each other." Penny laughed. "Is that a bad thing?" Sara made a face. "No, but it was gross, but I think I would like it, uncle sam, if you did date Penny." Sam smiled at that. "Why don't we get you back to bed?" he asked. "It did help a lot to talk about it, Uncle Sam, Aunt Penny." Penny gave Sarah over to Sam, and after a few minutes, he came back out. 

"Aunt Penny has a nice ring to it? Don't you think?" He asked her, taking a set next to her. Penny felt her cheeks warm. He had an amused look on his face when he realized how red she had become. "I think it does, Sam." Sam turned to face her. "Where do you want to go from here?" He asked; Penny had the slightest bit longer to think. "I think I would like to try this, see where we go. What about you, Sam." She told him. He took a deep breath. "I want this. I want to be with you. Penelope, I want to try this with you." Sam was one of the only people besides charlie or steel who could use her full first name. "Would you like to try something more?" Sam asked. "Yes, Yes, I would. I think it would be a good idea to keep this under the radar until we are sure about this, though." She told him. He took another large breath. "Penny, will you be my girlfriend?" Penny's smile widened. "Yes, yes I will." 

Chapter 3 is complete! Chapter 4 should be out soon. That will be the last chapter in the book. A long time coming. But I am planning to make this story a series in its own right. Thank you for all the love and support this story has gotten over the last 4 years. I look forward to creating more stories in this verse after this one is complete. Who knows, we might explore Ellie and Arnold's relationship. 

Rhi