C h a p t e r 2

If you saw my announcement on my profile then you know why I haven't been writing, but if you didn't then okay. So I was busy with school and I procrastinate A LOT! okay on with the story!~

This is how Shizuka became friends with Julius Novachrono, aka the wizard king......

Shizuka, the girl who left the church with a letter, traveled to find why she couldn't use magic unless she had a weapon. The letter she carried was in hiding in her blanket as a baby, until Orsi, the father of the church found it. What was written in the letter was for Shizuka to find her family's heirloom. So on she went village by village, training day and night, and she grew stronger over the years, but not strong enough. She just acquired a nichirin blade from the one and only Mt. Oni.

Now M.t Oni was a mountain said to have demons lurking around for centuries, but pftttt that's just a fairytale right?....Nope there were demons there.

Shizuka being the careless person she is, didn't bother telling people whether the demons were real or not, as long as she got her katana. She didn't care for opinions. She did what she needed to do and left as soon as she did, but not without looking around the shrine.

Soon walking out the forest, the two colored hair girl taking off her mask and spotted a big town down the mountain. It was the Royal city. It was dark now and she needed a place to rest at.

-----------------

'Just by looking at all the shops, I guess I'm in the royal city.' I thought to myself. I put my mask on while walking down the path. As I slowly get closer to the almost blinding lanterns I hide my sword into my haori, not wanting to cause a commotion. Slithering through the crowd, bumping into people who didn't mind knowing the streets are busy.

"Ahh!" I heard a scream from a mile away. I jumped up in a second, making the person behind me confused looking sided to side. I landed on the roof and ran as fast as I can. I soon reach an area in an alleyway seeing two buff men cornering a young woman with blond hair. "Pls, I don't have anything!" the girl panicked. "how about we have some fun yeah? I don't need anything else." the first man said.

Just as the second man grabbed the girl's wrist,

"Light breathing: First form: Shining rays/blinding light"

Light suddenly blinds them, I use the end of my sword and swiftly shove the two assaulters in the stomach. I move behind their backs and double kicked them into the sky and into the forest nearby. I look at the girl behind me and asked "You okay?" The girl didn't answer, but looked at me with stars in her eyes.

"How did you do that?" she asks me. I look at her and sigh. I walk away until I hear the girls voice turn into a man's voice?

"Hey wait up!" I look back to see a man with the same blond hair as the girl from earlier. 'Is he a crossdresser?' I thought while shivering at the fact it was really dark, yet I could see that she was a he. 'Man this is such a drag.'

I look at him up and down recognising his clothing look like what a noble would wear. I jump away not wanting to make contact. Roof to roof in low speed, I jump down into an alleyway and out to the streets. I find a tavern and enter. 

----------------------

I was fascinated. Never once have I seen a person use magic with a sword and Light magic.

Just as I tried to catch up to that strange fox mask person, they jumped making it look like they disappeared. I sense no magic from her which makes it hard for me to sense where she is going.

I watch as that person run roof to roof, I catch up quickly in no time and enter the tavern to sit in front of the mysterious person or should I say girl.

----------------------------------- 

People look at me weirdly some even notice that I was a lady. I mean after all who comes in with a fox mask and a farmers hat.

"Welcome to boar hat! Just take a seat anywhere!" A young women wearing pink exclaims. I nod and sit four tables away from the door. I observe the people around arm wrestling and horse playing, there's even a dagger stuck in the ceiling. Not a single woman in here except the waitress. Some men were drunk and some were sober. I guess all that booze makes you go dumb.

"Hello, what would you like to order today? We have the special pork pie, would you like some?" the waitress asks. "I would like the chicken stick and some water, please." I said "okay, I'll be back in a few." Just as she leaves, the same guy from earlier sits in front of me.

"So, how did you do that?" he asks again. "You don't need to know.." I muttered, irritated that he found me somehow. I look outside the window, ignoring his curious stare. "I'm just curious, You know I didn't sense any mana from you. Plus you have a sword that seems familiar to me." He states. "Oh by the way I'm Julius Novachrono." 

I sighed in exhaustion and look at Julius. I see, he's the wizard king. I raise both arms up slowly. Julius stands a little on guard as if he thought I was going to do something.

-------------------

As Julius slightly raises his guard up he gets caught off guard when the girl in front of him takes off her hat. He only see a fox mask, but Shizuka wasn't done. She strips the mask off, revealing her beautiful porcelain face. Julius studies her black and red hair then to her burgundy eyes. Her porcelain skin makes her eyes glow like a star in the night sky. A mark on the left side of her neck to her bottom cheek resembling also a star.

"My name is Shizuka." the beautiful girl said in a low voice. "Ne, do you have a surname?" Julius asks the girl. "Tsugikuni, Tsugikuni is my last name."Shizuka mutters "Oh, no wonder why your last name sounds familiar!" he exclaims. 

The girl nods knowing the Tsugikuni family was the one of the most known family until grimoires came in. After all she read all the books in the shrine on Mt. Oni and the Tsugikuni family was now forgotten. 

"So, bestie what do you want to do now?" Julius asks the girl in front of him. "Sorry for the delay. Here's your ord- oh would you like to get something else for your friend here?" the waitress asked seeing Julius in front of the red-black haired beauty. "Yea, I would like what she's having." the wizard said. 

"Alright I'll be back in a few." the waitress leaves after putting the plate of food down. "So, you hear that. We're friends." the magic emperor teases. An irk mark is seen on top of Shizuka's head as she gets irritated little by little even blushing a tiny bit. She wasn't used to being teased as she was the most mature person at the church or anywhere really.

As the girl was about to explode until someone interrupted "Julius!" "Oh, hey Marx, meet my friend Shizuka!" Julius exclaims.

The so called wizard king flinches hearing his name from a familiar voice. It was Marx. "Julius! YOU HAVE A LOT OF PAPERWORK YOU NEED TO DO!" Marx scolds the man with the star on his head. "I hope he wasn't bothering you." Marx says to our character. 

"It's quite alright. It was quite interesting to see the one and only Wizard King get cornered by two men and not be able to defeat them." With that, Marx loses his temper and grits his teeth "I'll be taking him now, I'll pay for the food." Marx grabs the back of Julius's collar and drags him out of the tavern.

Shizuka was now left alone and ate in peace quickly.

Stay tuned for more~

-----------------------