Blodreina

2 Months After Praimfaya

Kane

Kane entered the cement box where the staircase leading to the entrance to wait for Abby as the Grounders roamed the rest of the bunker.

"Marcus," Abby spoke and he turned. "You heard it too?" he questioned. She affirmably nodded, showing he wasn't crazy and he climbed the ladder. "You'd need a hazmat suit before opening it," she reminded him. "Radiation is still simmering the ground."

There was another slam on the latch and louder rumbling. "The debris outside," he mumbled. "From the temple." "You mean we're trapped," she corrected. "And they can't get in. What if Luisa is still alive? And Roan and Clarke, they became nightbloods." "We'll never know if it worked," she said. "They went with the extraction team to space."

"How are you so calm?" he questioned. "Our daughters are on the other side of the door." "We have bigger problems," she sighed. "We can't get out, the hundred are terrified of Wonkru, and we need to work on food distribution."

Kane exhaled with a nod and led her out, walking to the council room where the Big Three sat alongside Indra, Kara Cooper, and the new Commander.

"If we can't get out of the bunker at the end of the five years, we will die of starvation," Kane said firmly. "We have the recourses to sustain us for that many years but most have been used by the former inhabitants," Kara told her. "There are too many people but we can ration the food."

"And if they break laws?" Jaha asked. "Like, taking more than their required share. Even though we are One Clan, the people are still different and they are forced to live together." "We haven't enforced laws yet," Octavia said. "How do you expect them to obey if they believe in harsher punishments?" Indra questioned.

Kane stared at Octavia to answer the question but she stood, nodding her head in dismissal. They quietly dispersed and he followed her to the communications center.

"What do you want?" she asked harshly as he stepped in. "Just here to help, I know a few things about leading," he said. He caught her gaze and he finished with, "Luisa wanted me to help you."

"I wish she hadn't left," Octavia confessed. "We need her... I need her." "Me too," he agreed. "But she trusted you to take care of this foundation she started."

"Heda," Indra barged in. "There are Skaikru people who have obtained the farm center, locking everyone out." Kane glanced at Octavia and they rushed out, quickly going down the ramp to the crowded center.

"Thelonius," he said worriedly, crouching beside him. "Kara kicked some of us out to conquer the section," Jaha managed to say, holding pressure on his wound. "They wanted to keep the recourses so we die before them."

Octavia

Octavia stepped back from the bleeding man and moved through the crowd to reach the closed doors.

"Cooper," she called out through the side radio. "Octavia," Kara spoke. "What the hell are you doing?" she snapped. "We're still deciding." "So I took action to save the Sky People. I apologize that we couldn't save the rest of you."

She backed away and returned to Jaha. "How do we get that door open?" she asked. "Take me to the engineering room, I can connect the wires to open it," he told her.

He was carried by Kane and Miller and they went to the lower floors of the bunker. Taking a pause, she cleared the pathway with the blade of her sword and they continued to the electrical system.

She repeatedly tapped his shoulder to keep him awake as he found a connection to the farm center. "Get there," he muttered. "And I'll be done." "What about you?" she asked. "I'll watch him," Kane assured her.

Eyeing Miller, they began to jog back when Jaha called her name and she turned. "I'm sorry about Aurora," he managed to say and she nodded, making her way back up.

"They're ready to kill them when the doors open," Indra informed her. "Then make them move," Miller suggested. "They still haven't gained my trust," she pointed out. "They believe in a Commander with black blood, whereas you have red," Gaia told her.

"It shouldn't matter anymore," Indra said. "Show them that you are their leader." Octavia drew her sword that was tainted with dry blood and drove it through someone's back. The mob went silent, creating a circle around her as she lunged into position.

"You are Wonkru or the enemy of Wonkru. Choose," she said firmly. They glanced at each other, still wanting to kill the betrayers on the inside, and sprinted to attack her. Stepping to the left, they ran into her blade. She pivoted, executing the other and blood sprayed her face.

"You are Wonkru or the enemy of Wonkru. Choose," she repeated. She heard a grunt and turned fighting the next opposer and he collapsed on the floor with a pile of blood around him. Two others had joined forces to attack together but were only rewarded with death by her hand.

"Choose." There was heavy breathing under their skull masks and in her position, she watched them kneel. She switched her composure, raising her chin and when the lights flicked with a quieting hum, the doors opened for the guards to arrest the betrayers.

When she saw Abby rush out, she remembered Jaha was dying and they went back to one of the control rooms. "He's bleeding out," Kane told them. The doctor fell on her knees to help her friend but she seemed to not do anything.

"I'm sorry, Thelonius," she whispered. Octavia stood behind them as they said their eulogy and the Big Three hugged saying, "May we meet again."

Walking away for them to finish their goodbyes, she reminisced on the superior kill to prove she was a worthy leader. The dry blood that painted her skin felt like armor to shield herself from the pain of love is weakness.

Reaching the ramp in front of the command center, Miller and Indra had presented her with a new throne. She sat in and leaned back, crossing her legs as the clan chanted around the pit.

"The color of the blood does not defy your leadership," she projected her voice. "Mine is red, therefore I am the Red Queen. Ai laik Blodreina kom Wonkru." There was a pause in her speech and she lifted a finger for the chamber to be opened. From the side, Kara appeared with the rest of her allies in the farm center conquering.

"In Ancient Rome, the emperor had betrayers play in gladiator fights. Now, you must earn your freedom." The plan of them fighting was a way to reduce population and to show her leadership. Indra tossed a sword in the middle of the pit and they all eyed it.

"One of you must win," she said. "Let the games begin." She was impressed by how Kara dove for the weapon and guarded herself with it in two hands. Her followers charged at her to grab it but they failed when she drove the blade through their chest. When she slid the weapon out, the first drops of blood covered the floor and they cheered as she went again.

———————

A Champion in Red- The 100