Hope

Luisa

Staring off into the distance of the garden, Luisa could see Diyoza stand beside her and watch the beautiful view.

"I heard you had a chip in your head," Diyoza confronted. "I heard you have a child in your belly," she smirked. "We all have our secrets." "It's a girl."

"Us mothers have to keep our children safe," she smiled, pulling her hands behind her back. "I thanked Madi for killing him," Diyoza said. "He's the father."

There was a moment of silence to take in the green valley. "Maybe we can start a school for them to get an education," Luisa pitched. "Houses." "Maybe, only if Octavia surrenders."

"I hope so," Luisa whispered. "Hope, that's a nice name. The hope for a new world." Diyoza made a small hum, imagining calling out for her daughter with the name she had suggested.

"Octavia will surrender," she said. "If she has to go to war for the valley you are willing to share, does she deserve it? Isn't it greed?" She heard boots clack and finally faced Diyoza to find her saluting, "Commander."

Luisa made a nod of appreciation to release her stance and said, "Now that I have you on my side, Madi and I will be returning to the bunker. My father will stay here as an ambassador to keep the peace and Echo will help you."

She could see a glaze cross her eyes and she nodded to resume her duty as a soldier. Once she left, she smiled in the victory of winning Eligius over and now she had to conquer her former clan.

Going to the center of the valley, she retrieved Madi who had built her own sword, and carried a gun onto the ship with Diyoza. Murphy and Emori chose to tag along so they wouldn't have to deal with the prisoners and Shaw lifted the ship in the direction of the bunker.

"In two nights, I want your men to be at the cliff enter ready for war," she ordered. "I need to kill a few people to prove that the war is real to prove that I am fighting for the valley." "Sounds like suicide," Murphy snickered.

"That's why they will kill some of the Wonkru soldiers." "And if you don't get Octavia to submit?" Diyoza asked as the ship landed at a far point. "She dies," Madi answered.

Once the door opened, the four embarked on their short trek to the bunker in the humid weather. "I can't believe you got Diyoza on your side," Murphy laughed. "And she retreated without a fight."

"You started the fight the other day," Emori pointed out. "And Kliripa over here killed McCreary. Yu gon badas." "Just like her mother," Murphy muttered.

The sun had begun to set once they reached the perimeter of the bunker. Luisa took off her Commander clothing to shove in her pack and war paint, making the black streaks on their foreheads before they went down the ropes, landing in the pits.

"Well, what did we miss," Murphy scoffed, looking around. "Luisa," Gaia called out and they turned. The Flamekeeper's eyes traced all of them and were locked on Madi's face.

"What are you doing here?" Octavia's dry voice asked and Miller stood behind her. "We went for a mental retreat and found Murphy and Emori escaping the valley," she lied. "Now we're back to take it." "It's good to see where your loyalties lie."

"Where do we start, Blodreina?" she asked. "We ride at dawn," Octavia said, staring at Madi then she veered past them. Miller made strong eye contact and followed the queen out from the pits until Gaia motioned to follow.

"Thank you for returning heda," she said. "Things are about to get worse." "I don't think it will," Luisa told her. "Do they have faith?" "It's uneven but when she kneels, they all will."

Gaia opened the door to one of the sleeping quarters where heads lifted with joy at the sight of the four and she rushed in to hug Roan. She felt Madi's figure beside her as he pulled her in too. She smiled when Bellamy and Murphy were in each other's embrace and she hugged Clarke.

"Where have you been?" Clarke questioned. Luisa sat down and closed her eyes for just a moment of rest before opening them. "We've been in the valley," she said. "When Octavia took the clan to march, I was able to radio Diyoza for a lift."

"The entire time we thought Roan was clueless and Miller had hope in you, but you were in the valley?" Bellamy asked. "I didn't know," Roan assured him. "Miller put his trust in me because he knew I'd get things done. The defectors' idea was all me and I was on the ship when Echo and a few others made it and Diyoza saluted to my leadership," she explained.

"All you need is Octavia," Gaia said and she nodded. "Then we can all live in the valley," she said. "After the war, Octavia will drag us into," Emori added. "But it's fake." "Fake?" Clarke asked. "It's just to prove a point," Luisa said. "Both sides will have casualties but it will be controlled."

"What if Diyoza changes her mind?" Bellamy asked. "Kane, Echo, and Raven will be there to take out the prisoners," she said. "She doesn't have a choice."

"I have to go put Octavia in a coma with rare algae," Bellamy informed them. "Indra is on our side after Octavia wanted to use the worms on the valley, wiping everyone out. When she becomes second in command, she will hand over the power to you."

"Wait," she stopped him. "If she awakes from her coma early, you will be charged for treason and put in the pits, I can't let that happen. I do appreciate that I have more supporters but I will let her lead them into a massacre until she asks for my help. That is how she will submit."

"What do we do in the meantime, obey her?" Murphy asked rudely. "Yes," she answered. "Because Wonkru will be taken from her by surprise." He mischievously scoffed and took his girlfriend to leave and the rest followed in pursuit.

"When Octavia falls, I want to be Commander," Madi said firmly. "Why do you think that, little natblida?" Roan asked. "Kliripa," she corrected. "Because I'm ready."

Luisa leaned back and crossed her legs. "If you really want it, I'd have to die first," she told her. "Why can't I have both?" Madi asked. "I want you alive and the Flame."

"Acsende superius," Madi snapped. He had grown agitated but Luisa stayed calm and stared directly into her eyes, "I changed the passphrase. When it is your time, the Flamekeeper will make you the Commander as a true nightblood." Madi reluctantly nodded and backed off, sitting on the bottom bunk leaving Luisa confused as to why she was so eager to take the mantle.