Chapter 8 "Meeting Charlie"

"I can feel your gaze on my but. Stop!" I yelled at Jason. He decided to stay four steps behind me. I started walking faster and I ignored the sharp pain on my feet.

" You've never noticed before." Jason said. What a dog. He didn't even deny it. How much have I not noticed?

" Just stop. Your not my mate." I snapped at him. I wanted this conversation to be over.

"Melanie?" He asked just as we arrived to the back door.

"What?!" I yelled as I turned around to face him.

He raised an eyebrow at me and I saw hurt in his eyes. He covered it up with an evil grin." We'll someone woke up on the wrong side of her tree house. What happened did your Dolly's say your to old to join the tea party?" He just laughed at his own joke.

I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms over my chest. I made sure to hold my blanket up. " That was incredibly lame but I guess it's true what people say." I sighed. Please fall into my trap and ask why.

"What do you mean?" He asked as he leaned next to the door. Now I noticed just how forced the cool guy pose was. His back was pressed against the wall and he had his hands slipped into his pockets.

"That guys who have small parts always laugh at their own jokes." I told him like if he was a kid. His mouth dropped open and I went inside. I could feel a big grin on my face and triumph.

I knew Jason wouldn't follow me because he needed some time to recover from my blow. I walked up the steps and into my room.

Something about today just seemed to brighten all the colors in my room. My purple sheets were bright and my carpet looked extra white. I locked my door and went to shower.

Then I actually looked at my clothes. All of them were the same. Blacks, grays, and dark purples/blues. For the first time I had an urge to shop.

I grabbed some dark blue jeans, gray tank top, and some black slip on toms. I let my hair down. It would dry by the time I got to the mall.

Knocks came from my door."Melanie, are you ready yet?" Jason asked.

I weighed my options. Either go shopping or have an awkward workout with Jason. Shopping it is. I grabbed my wallet and double checked that I had the credit card my dad gave me.

"Hurry up!" Jason yelled. He sounded bored.

I swung open my door and walked past him. I ran down the steps.

"Wait! Melanie!" Jason called after me.

I ignored him and kept on walking. I went to my dads office. I didn't even bother knocking on the door. Once it was open I saw my father was in a meeting. His office was clean for once.

"Sweetheart I'm in a meeting." My dad said sweetly. He was pretending to be a sane and perfect father.

This will be easy. I smiled at my dad and ignored the men he had in his office. "Sorry to interrupt dad. I just wanted to let you know that I'm going shopping." I said and waited for his nod.

One of the men started laughing and I finally glanced at him. It was some guy with blond hair and hazel eyes he looked about thirty. The guy sitting next to him was also blond but with brown eyes. He was younger then the other man. Just about twenty five.

"Hello Melanie. I'm Charlie." The young blond haired guy said just as he pulled out his hand to shake mine.

"Charlie. Have we met?" I asked. His name sounded familiar.

"No we haven't." He said as I pulled out my arm. Just as I grasped his hand he flipped my hand over and kissed the top of it.

"Oh. Alright." I pulled my hand back. I looked at my dad. " Can I go?" I asked.

"Sure just take Jason." My dad ordered. He looked back down at some blueprints.

"Actually dad. Jason still doesn't feel to good from last night. Can I go by myself?" I asked sweetly.

"Now Melanie you know you can't go unless you have protection and..." My dad was saying but Charlie interrupted.

"I'll take her. If that's okay with you sir?" Charlie asked.

"Oh that's not necessary." I started saying but my dad interrupted me.

"That's fine." My dad said and went back to talking with the older man.

Well I'd rather have Charlie then Jason. This should be interesting.

***************

Vote and comment please! Thanks everyone whose reading this. There will be more Ian very soon.