Chapter 1

Allison POV

"Toni—" I whispered, " I thought you said this was a small get together... Everyone is here," my lips brushed against her earlobe,

"Relax, it's my boss who is throwing this party, so of course everyone is going to be here, especially me, I am his best employee after all," she smirked tilting her champagne glass,

Raising my eyebrow, I narrowed my eyes into slits, "Best employee? I hope that doesn't mean you're doing the nasty with him,"

"No, of course not, he invited me and said that I could bring my boyfriend along and since I don't have one, I brought you but— its nothing more than that, I promise... he is a good guy, but not my type, plus he can be an arrogant asshole some times, but remember why we are here Allison, you need to find you a better job,"

Chuckling under my breath, I exhaled through my nostrils, looking around at the guests, I don't know what her boss looks like, but I can bet it's one of these fine-looking men. Forming my lips into thin lines, I raised the glass from the bar counter, staring at my dull reflection, What on earth am I doing here, I thought, this place was flocked with upscale people, and here I am, a simple waitress who works at a diner, even Toni-ann fitted in with these strangers, I don't belong here.

Toni could have invited anyone, another friend, a coworker, but I know why chose me, it was out of empathy. Gary and I broke up seven months ago and I haven't tried to date since, I had a few booties calls, but that was basically it, these men weren't looking for anything serious and neither was I, so I guess it a win-win situation, sex is like a sport to me, and I enjoy friendly matches from time to time.

"His home— it's beautiful," I chugged down the remaining fluid,

"Yeah, his maids surely will have a lot on their hands in the morning," Toni chuckled,

"Maids? What about his wife?"

"Be honest with me Ali, look around, would you honestly want to be the wife that cleans this shit up in the morning?"

Looking over my shoulders, I glanced at the mess made by the invites, no wife will want to deal with this, well I wouldn't, I don't even see my self becoming a wife or even a mother, those things were like an adhesive I and fear commitment.

"You're right— I wouldn't, love nor money would make me,"

"Maybe not love, but I am sure the money is good,"

Hopping down from the stool, I rolled my eyes, clutching on the counter for support,

"Whoa, easy there," Toni nuzzled my back, "I think you had too much to drink,"

"I am fine— I just have to pee that's all," I lied, I just needed to clear my head

"Ok, but I am coming with you,"

"No— stay, enjoy the party, I'll be quick... I promise," I assured her, I was tipsy and I probably would the walking straight-line test,

"Ok— do you even know where the bathroom is?"

"No, but I'll find it,"

"Ok, you should check upstairs, I can bet you the ones down here are already clogged with condoms,"

Shaking my head I walked towards the staircase, clasping tightly on the railing for balance, these heels are too high for my liking but Toni convinced me to wear them anyway. I was now at the top of the steps, looking down at the crowd, everyone was minding their own business, no one cared.

Dragging my fingertips across the wall, I peered around, looking for anything worthy of my interest. God, I miss Gary, I wouldn't be at this party pretending like it's fun, I should be having some wild sex right now,  something he lacked but still. Taking a deep breath I leaned on a nearby door, caressing my breast as I thought about him, a low groan escaped my lips as my body ached with passion, yearning for pleasure.