Chapter 5~ Hogwarts at last

*

Lilith Black of Slytherin made her way through the bricked barrier of platform nine and three quarters

Lilith Black of Slytherin made her way through the bricked barrier of platform nine and three quarters. Just as she had done so for the past two years at the beginning of each school year at Hogwarts. She smiled as the steamy air from the familiar scarlet engine overtook her. 

With Pansy at her side, both their new robes billowing behind them, she made her way to the compartment where the Slytherins and herself sat almost every year (excluding Lilith's very first train ride to Hogwarts, where she sat alone for the entirety of the journey) for the trip to the ancient castle. 

She wouldn't say she was best friends with the people who currently sat in the slightly crouded compartment, more of a group who had a secret bond that they had to keep bound in order for their rope to not snap. For their rope to hold the third year Slytherins as they faced the snide remarks from, in many of their opinions, the reckless Gryffindors. Although, Lilith thought, she couldn't blame the ruby house members for many of the Slytherins gave them reason to dislike them. She only wished that they'd see that not everyone in the house of serpents was a complete, purity obsessed, rich bully.

Speaking of bullies, Draco Malfoy and his two goons stood from the cushioned bench (more like Draco stood and the heavy set boys followed, both with shit eating grins on their brutish faces as they consumed different foods).

"Where are you off to?" Theodore Nott asked from behind his heavy looking, leather-bound book.

In truth, they all knew where. The young Malfoy was off to torment Harry Potter and his friends "the golden trio" some people called them. Truthfully, Lilith couldn't see anything golden about them.

"To see where Potty, Weasel and the mudblood are." he spoke with disdain lacing his face as he insulted the Granger Girl, "I'd like to see how long it takes for Potty to go after Sirius Black."

And with that, Malfoy left, Crabbe and Goyle brooding dumbly behind him. Lilith was glad that Draco had left, it meant that they didn't have to listen to his endless complaints and insults the entire train ride.

The compartment was relatively quiet, only the distant chattering from the students huddled in their own compartments as they excitedly willed the time to go faster, the voices hushed to quiet mumblings as the train rattled.

Few words were exchanged as the hours swept by like seconds. Blaise was asleep by now, his head leant against the foggy window panes, Theo was hidden behind the heavy looking tome though his eyes were beginning to droop slightly, Pansy's head of short brown hair was resting heavily on Lilith's shoulder and she too was beginning to welcome sleep's warm and ever so tempting embrace. So she, resting her head on top of Pansy's, let her eyes close and allowed the darkness to consume her brain.

The rain thickened as the train sped yet farther north; the windows were now a foggy, shimmering grey, which gradually darkened until lanterns flickered into life all along the corridors and above the luggage racks.