Invitation

.

.

.

.

.

One day as I was cleaning the floors, there was a knock on the door. I put down the brush and carefully walked over the wet floor to answer it.

just as I was about to turn the handle, a voice called out "Open in the name of King!"

Yes, yes. I heard you. I'm coming!

I opened the door to see a chubby messenger from the palace. He handed me a letter. It was from the King!

What a surprise!

.
.
.
.
.

The letter was an invitation to a ball! The King wished to introduced his son, Prince, to the people in the Kingdom. He had invted everyone to come.

I couldn't wait to meet the prince! How came no one knew about the existent of him before?

This is it. The time for me to make an excuse and explore the outside world!

I remembered Father's stories and dreamed about dressing up for a royal ball. It would be so much fun!

I rushed to the parlour to show the invitation to Stepmother. Suddenly, Ara and Bae tugged the invitation out of my hand, yelling "You can't go!"

What?

"The invitation says everyone,"

I reminded them. They were always trying to leave me out of parties and dances, but I was determined to attend this one!

"I see no reason why you can't go,"

stepmother interrupted,

"if you complete all of your chores and find something suitable to wear."

I couldn't believe stepmother would allow me to attend the ball!

"Thank you so much!" I saied to her.
.
.
.
.
.

I was so excited about the ball that I practically skipped up to my room. I unpacked my only fancy clothes:

an old one that had belong to my father. It was white and nicely groomed suit. Kookie and Chimmy thought the suit was old-fashioned. But I knew that all it needed was a little work to be perfect.

I imagined living as royalty. I wouldn't have to wear ugly rags anymore: I'll have plenty of clothes to wear every occasion.

I just couldn't wait to go to the palace! father had described it as a beautiful place. I might even meet someone at a ball- and fall in love!

My sisters interrupted my thoughts.

"Jimin!" they shrieked.

I guess my suit and my dreams would have to wait for now.