The Royal Ball

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I hurried inside the palace

I hurried inside the palace. You wouldn't believe this but the place was so overwhelming.

The rooms were humongous and decorated with elegant paintings. The chandeliers were pretty much made of gold!

I wandered around in fascination, not knowing where to go. Then I approached a fierce looking guard.

What should I do? Is he going to throw me out of here?

He wouldn't let me in because it was a masquerade ball, where people are supposed to wear mask in disguised.

A masquerade ball?!! It wasn't even mentioned in the letter!

At that point, I almost cried. After all the hard work I've been through and I still couldn't participate in this!

Luckily for me. Someone tapped my shoulder lend a spare mask to me.

Thank you, thank you so much. I hope to repay you one day!

Don't need to say no more, I entered the room with a relief. I didn't want much but to enjoy the time and maybe find the love of my life.
.
.
.
.

That's when I spotted a handsome gentleman. He had black hair, sharp jawline and well sculpted face and a tall, muscular body.

He was bowing to Ara when our eyes met. He indeed had a doe but also piercing brown eyes. I was so nervous, I didn't know what to do.

Just then the orchestra started to play a waltz. He asked me to dance. I nervously accepted, offering my hand to him. I was delighted that he wanted me to dance with him.

I danced with the stranger while my family watched us jealously. It didn't matter though. They didn't recognise me due to the mask covering half of my face. And all I cared about was the handsome man.

I didn't know who he was, but he was so captivating.
.
.
.
.
.

We took a romantic walk through the gardens and fell hopelessly in love- a dream we both shared.

He led me to a secret garden, where there laid a piano shining in the moonlight.

The stranger sat down and  began playing the sweet melodies. To my surprise, he was a talented musician.

He could not just play the piano, but also sings too!

He had such a fine and heavenly voice. I could listen to him all day.

Following that, I joined in the duet,

Lavenders blue, dilly, dilly
Lavender's green
When I am king, dilly, dilly
You shall be queen

The song was over and we stared at each other. He smiled at me so widely and admired how much he loves my voice.

"You're amazing. So delicate and angel like"

My cheeks suddenly burned hot red.
.
.
.

We talked for a bit more before he at last...

Confide his love at first sight to me.
I was startled for a second.

I think I felt the same. Can this be real?...

Am I in love with a man? But I am also a man!

What's this feeling?! This is wrong

No, this is love!

Whilst I was disputing to myself, the handsome gentleman held my chin softly and moved his face closer to mine.

Our lips touched.

I closed my eyes and let him kissed me passionately. This was my first kiss.

It feels good.

My brain was not functioning properly. I loved this feeling.

We slowly parted our lips.

"I love you," he whispered into my ears.

"Btw, my name is Jeon Jungkook" he continued,

"And you?"

Me? Wow, I'm so nervous!

"My name is Jim—"

"Prince Jungkook, come in side. It's almost midnight!"

I was interrupted by the voice from afar.

Wait...
He's a prince?! And his name is prince JUNGKOOK??

All this time I was having the time of my life with the prince??

Talking about the time...

Its nearly time! I only had a few moments before my suit... the coach... before Fairy Godmother's magic faded!

I raced outside, desperate to stay ahead of the twelve strokes counting the seconds until midnight.

Prince Jungkook was in shocked after my sudden bolt. He ran after me.

"Wait! You dropped your glass ring!"

Oh no, the ring must of slipped when I pulled my hand off his!

I felt bad that I hasn't said goodbye, but there was no time.
.
.
.
.

At the final stroke of midnight, the horses fell to the ground as mice, and the coach came to a stop as an ordinary pumpkin.

All I had left was the memory of a truly enchanted evening.