Chapter 20

The next day, as Saphira got ready for the last day of the week's lessons, she could not stop smiling to herself.

She smiled as she put on her robes, smiled as she did her hair, smiled as she went to breakfast, all the way trying to keep it subtle until Hestia noticed.

"Do you really think I'm that oblivious?" Hestia asked, smirking to herself, her arms folded.

"I don't know what you're talking about," shrugged Saphira, as she dumped spoonfuls of cereal into her mouth.

"Don't even try to ignore it, Fira. You know very well what I'm talking about," she said sternly.

"Wha-?" she asked. She swallowed. "I don't, honestly."

"You've been smiling the entire time. Humor me?" she demanded.

"Nothing."

Hestia gave a 'don't mess with me' look.

"Can't I be happy with no reason?" asked Saphira, picking up her bowl, tipping it and slurping the milk loudly.

Julian stood behind Saphira and cleared his throat.

Saphira choked on her milk. Sipping it, she banged her bowl on the table and looked at Julian, who was standing behind her, a piece of parchment in between his long fingers.

He looked at her face and raised an eyebrow. Saphira blushed. She quickly raised an arm, and wiped her mouth with her sweater, then looked up at Julian and smiled innocently.

Julian raised both his eyebrows, and shrugged, pushing Saphira slightly and seating himself beside her.

"What?" Saphira questioned. "I didn't do anything."

Julian waved his hand. "Yeah, because we all know you're innocent, Fira."

Saphira finished the milk in her bowl.

"What's that?" she asked, pointing to the envelope in his hand.

"That, dear sister, is a letter from Mother and Father," he said. "For the two of us."

"Ooooh, what's it say?" asked Saphira.

Since she was young, she'd always get excited when opening letters, and often looked forward to them.

Julian looked at her boredly. "Well I'll never know what it says until I look inside, genius," he said sarcastically.

"Gee, no need to be so rude," Saphira muttered. "Can't a woman be excited for once?"

Hestia snorted in her milk.

"Is there a problem, Miss Jones?" asked Julian teasingly, knowing she was faking it. He produced a crisp, white handkerchief and handed it over to her.

Hestia scowled. She hated it when Julian applied his pureblood mannerisms to her. He was brought up that way, and as they say, 'Old habits die hard.' He often acted normal while in Hogwarts, but at home, it was a whole different story.

Nonetheless, Hestia took the handkerchief from his hand and dramatically placed it on her head.

"Now that you mention it, I am deeply traumatized about the days earlier events, Mister Prince," she said.

Julian played along, "well, fair lady, I pray, tell me."