Chapter 13

Severus Snape came running to the lake after being told by Lily about Saphira's outburst during transfiguration.

The first place he looked was near their tree, and on seeing her, bolted as fast as he could to comfort her.

He bent down and placed his hand on her knee, slowly pulling her into his arms, soothing her and coaxing her to tell him exactly what happened.

She refused to tell him and opted him to leave her alone. Finally, he agreed he would leave if she told him exactly what happened, and once she did, he vowed that he would make Sirius Black pay.

He left for History of Magic, while Saphira was left by the lakeside to sort out her thoughts. Her golden hair was fanned around her messily, and her eyes were tear streaked. 

A figure sat next to her. 

She didn't know who it was until he spoke, "Saphira, are you okay?" 

"Do I look okay?" she barked, her rage getting the better of her. 

"You're right, I shouldn't have asked, I'm sorry," he said. "I brought your stuff for you. You left them on your desk."

        Saphira looked up. It was Remus Lupin. He looked tired and weary, with dark circles underneath his eyes. His sandy hair was messed and hung carelessly out of his eyes. 

She wiped her tears and half smiled at him. "I'm sorry I yelled at you. You had nothing to do with it. Thanks for bringing my things," she said, grabbing her books. 

"You have quite the temper," he said as he sat next to her.

"So I've been told," she replied, looking through her bag.

"So, do you wanna talk about it?" he asked, looking at her inquiringly.

"I guess. It's not like I can avoid it," she said sadly. "I just wish he'd stop disturbing me."

"It's normal. He barely gets any attention at home, so he enjoys getting a reaction from people," he explained, moving his arms as he spoke.

"Yeah, but not at the expense of other's detention," she reasoned bitterly.

"True."

"I mean, I have never gotten a detention, least of all, a double detention," she said acidly, "and my parents would be furious to hear that I got one in transfiguration. What would my brother say?"

"Hey, it's fine. It's going to be fine. If you want, I can talk to Professor McGonagall to let you off. I was sitting right near you, and I can tell her that Sirius was annoying you," Remus offered kindly. 

She shook her head, "no, it's fine. Really. You rest. You look like you need it. I'll just silence Black next class or something. That way he can't disturb either of us."

Remus laughed. "I wish we'd thought of that sooner. The amount of detentions it would have saved is quite vast. Besides, it's also useful when it comes to sleeping."

"He snores?" asked Saphira disgustedly.

"No. He sings muggle pop music in the middle of the night," said Remus, chuckling.

"Have you checked his brain?" Saphira asked, "Maybe St. Mungo's could to fix it."

"Nah, it wouldn't work. He's a lost cause," Remus joked.

"Pity."

"Yeah," said Remus.

        Saphira looked at the grass. She lifted her head up. Her hair fell all around her. Shaking it out of the way, she looked for her scrunchie around her so she could tie her hair. She looked all around her and in her bag, but she still couldn't find it. Must have fallen down somewhere she thought.