Flashback 2

Shane and Shake ran and ran, trying to reach the pride rock in the shortest time but they were stopped by a hyena, a disgusting creature in the circle of life. He was drooling over the sight of two lion cubs in hunger as a thin line of saliva leaking from the edge of his mouth and slowly made its way towards the ground. Shane put his front leg in front of Shake as a shield. He promised his dad that he would protect Shake no matter what.

Hyena was approaching the lion cubs step by step while Shane and Shake slowly walking backwards refusing to make an eye contact with the hyena. Shane was trying his best to act tough in front of Shake, deepening his glares towards the hyena but he was consumed by the fear inside him too. Hyena could sense the fear in them and he felt satisfied about it and proud of himself that he was fierce enough to scare Ringo's cubs. Suddenly, the hyena jumped and hopped unto Shane but Shane was one step ahead of the hyena and ran his sharp claws unto hyena's right eye. Unfortunately, the claws were too small and it was not even enough scare the hyena but at least it was able to delay some time for them as the Hyena caressed his painful eye. Shane blamed himself for being too young and did not have the power to protect Shake but he must not let those miserable feeling got the best out of him because right now, they might be in a verge of death and one step of mishap will lead to death instantly.

Shane looked to his left and saw a rock with sharp tip hidden in the bushes. It sparked with murderous aura as if it was enchanting him to use it as a weapon of death. Shane looked back to the hyena who still checking the wounds applied on his right eye and back to the rock again. He tried to mimic his dad's hunting movement by putting his claws gently onto the ground, feeling the muddy soil surrounded his feet, bended his back and lets his left claw made his way towards the rock. This was his only chance to overturn their situation.

Shane drumming his claw onto the rock waiting for the perfect timing to shoot it out as he aiming at the hyena. The way hyena drooling and scratching his eyes with tail shaking right and left made him wonder why this hyena was born sometimes. It was a disgust to the circle of life. Shake was hiding behind Shane feeling afraid what was going to happen next. The least she could do was trying not to act stupid out of fear.

Hyena was still scratching his right eye until a sound of thunder was heard again. This time with loud thump adding with a flash of lightning. Hyena was startled by the sound and flash and looked up above the sky to examine the weather. Shane could see this was his perfect timing and threw the rock towards hyena. It landed a strong blow on hyena's left eye which made both of the eyes almost gone blind. The hyena fell onto the ground due to the impact, his back facing the ground, turning and twisting knowing the wound is very hurtful.

"Owwww, my left eye! My right eye!" The hyena shrieked with pain. One eye was bad enough but two eyes—It was the worse injuries that happened in his life.

Shane and Shake silently celebrated and ran away from the hyena. Because the hyena was still siting there blocking their way, the lion cubs did not have the choice but to ran into the forest which was the opposite direction from the pride rock. They put their legs in fast run, splashing against the muddy soil, dirtied their claws but they just ignored it thinking their mother was not around to bossy them. Once they reached the forest, they dived into the bushes and stay hidden. They did not want to leave by themselves, not without their beloved parents.

Shake poked out from Shane's behind and dug out some leaves to make a small hole just enough for them to examine the surrounding. Their eyes lingered from darkened clouds to muddy soil, from trees to grass trying to find a single trace of their parents and yet, there were no sight of them, not even a spike of orange color fur.