Date I

"I didn't know it at all. I've secretly liked him for so long and I didn't have a clue. Even worse, I was told by another boy. I'm... so stupid...."

After some time, Neji cracked and laughed at Tenten while said girl looked confused.

"HAHAHAHA!!!! You should see the look in your face!!!"
"HUH?!!"
"I was just messing with you!!!"
"You need to need to know when to draw the line, you jerk!!!!"
"Don't get so worked up!!! You'll believe anything!!! Hahaha!!! You're killing me!!!!"

If it was possible, Neji would be rolling on the ground with tears of joy.

While she was glaring daggers at his head, he suddenly straightened and went into business mode.

"Kiba Inuzuka: Second year, Literature class, Representative for class 6, prefers gentle girls who like to smile, good at cooking and drawing, enjoys sweets.... Man, he's kinda girly huh?"

[A/N: None of that is true, obviously 🙄]

"Wow. I didn't think he would actually look into this for me."

"Remember all that I told you. I don't like repeating myself." Neji told her as he poked her forehead playfully.
"Ah! OK."
"Another thing. Kiba's birthday is on Saturday next week."
"So..." She said, encouraging him to continue.

"Is he going to invite me?!"

I would have typed my catchphrase : Expectation is the mother of all fuckers, but it's not all the time I'll do it.

"Nothing. I just told you. Why, are you expecting me to say something else?!" Neji asked amused.

Tenten just turned her face to the side with an anime vein showing on her forehead.

Neji then turned to go home and said:

"Teasing you is really fun. You're invited too. We're going shopping on Saturday with him." Neji said.
"YOU!!!!!" She screamed but inwardly, she was elated.
"OI! Move panda, I'm walking you to the bus station." Neji was far ahead.
"Wait for me!!!" Tenten ran to catch up with him.

                 ~Saturday~

"Oh my goodness!!!!"
"Calm down, panda."
"Neji, this is ridiculous. There is no way Kiba would actually fall for this."

For clarification, what happened went like this.

They met up at the store and somehow, someway, Tenten found out that Kiba never invited her to go shopping.

After asking questions from Neji, they both had plans.

Neji's plan was for him to tell Kiba that Tenten willingly came to help them.

Tenten's plan was to run to Russia.

"There is absolutely no way!!!!" Tenten shouted.

Then she reconsidered. Neji went this far to help her and she was making a fuss. She mysteriously had courage and was confident in meeting Kiba.

But when she turned to face Neji, she was midly confused. He looked like he was having a battle with his inner demons.

"I can't believe this!! I can't believe I'm going shopping with a guy for a girl!!!" Neji thought to himself.

Suddenly, Neji grabbed Tenten by the hand and pulled her the moment he saw Kiba.

"Let's go. And don't worry, you have me by your side. I won't leave you." He said.

At that moment, all the courage she had mysteriously disappeared and she went back to square one.

"Hurry up. Stop grumbling about it." At this point, Neji was dragging her hands as she decided to sit on the ground. So her butt hurt from being dragged on concrete.
"I'm not ready yet...." She muttered.

Feeling irritated, Neji carried her on his shoulders. After some time, they saw Kiba.

"Yo, Zuka! Sorry, I ran into my classmate so I'm a little late." Neji told Kiba.
"Let go of me, you're the worst!" Tenten eventually wriggled out of his grip holding her hand.

"Wait a minute. When did he drop me on the ground?"

"Haha. Hello Tenny, what a coincidence." Kiba said to Tenten.
"Um.... Good morning Kiba." Said girl responded.

Neji just facepalmed in the background and decided to save her from embarrassing herself any further.

"I was just telling her that we were going shopping for your birthday and she decided to come help." Neji added.
"Yeah... Um... Sorry if I cause any trouble..." Tenten said.

Kiba just rubbed her head the way an owner would rub his dog, not in a bad way, and laughed.

"Now how could a sweet girl like you cause trouble? In that case, I'm counting on you, Tenny." He said.

Tenten turned into 'Hinata-about-to-faint' red and followed him into the shop.

"His hands are so big and warm.... They make me feel safe!! For 3 years, all I've done is secretly look at him. But today, we're suddenly shopping together, like a DATE!!!!"

All this whole time, cupid, AKA Neji, was looking at his work with a smirk on his face. But the moment Kiba showed her something funny, Tenten made what looked like a forced smile.

Fortunately, Kiba didn't see it.

Unfortunately, Neji saw it.

"......What a stupid expression." Neji muttered to himself.

                ~2 hours later~

They were done with round 1 of the shopping and were thirsty. Kiba decided to buy the drinks. As Tenten looked at his retreating figure, she heard Neji snicker at her.

"I heard that!" She said while looking at the culprit.

Said culprit just smirked.

"Well I guess I should thank you." She continued.

A well groomed eyebrow rose, encouraging her to go on.

"If it wasn't for you, nothing would have changed. Even though you are a creep, you have my deepest thanks. It's just..."
"....It's just?....." Neji said.
"I can't stop wondering, why did you agree to this kind of agreement that day?"
"...Well it's because.... HEY!!"
"HUH?!"