A Long Day.

As I sat waiting for the bombs to stop, I couldn’t help but feel sad. Everything I knew had suddenly changed. The wonderful life that I had grown up to and loved so much was gone. My life had changed in an instant. But how and why; these questions were whirling around in my head. All that I had left were the clothes on my back and my baby elephant; her name was Tink. We had survived this far and all I could think about was if we were going to get out alive…But, this story might make more sense if I start from the beginning.

            It was a hot day in June; June 14th to be exact, the sun was shining bright, and the clouds had disappeared. During school that day, we had been rewarded with a field trip to the zoo, and that’s where we were heading. We got to the zoo at 1pm. My class all got to split into groups, so we could walk around to the places we wanted to see. I was in a group with a few of my school friends. They all wanted to go see the kangaroos, but I wanted to see my favorite animals there, the elephants. The elephants were located right next to the kangaroos, so we broke a rule. I went to the elephants, while my friends went to the kangaroos. All was great, my favorite thing in the whole world was there, the little baby elephant which I personally named Tink, and my friends were enjoying the kangaroos, but after an only a few seconds of being there, the bombs started.

            In just a split second I was separated from everyone I knew. It was just me and Tink. I knew that in my heart there was no way that I could leave her behind, so I grabbed the keys to her cage, got her out and then we were off. I knew that the zoo would not be safe, with all the bombs coming down, cages would break and fire would start! We would be trampled, and I was not letting that happen.

            I knew of a farm house not far away. If we got there, there would be hay for Tink and a shelter for me. I knew that the roads would be dangerous, but I needed to get there, not only for me, but for my new family. The roads were crazy; everyone was trying to get out of the city, and everything was being blown up and was on fire. We had to get out of there or there would be nothing left of us.     

~~~ Hey! So this is going to be a really short story, but i hope you like it!