Who are you, and what do you want from me?

Our journey would take much strength, and much will power. In order to get to the farm, we would need to stop along the way. I knew of a barn that had hay that was abandoned years ago, it was well hidden from the roads so it was most likely vacant. I got on the trail that lead to it but we ran into some trouble. The Gews; the enemy were looking for their lost plane that’s engine had failed. We got through them but it took a lot of work. We had to go around the troops and through the river, hopping over all the trash and debris of the plane and bombs.

            We finally made it to the barn, and we were thankful that we did because it had canned food, frozen bacon, eggs wrapped in cloth, and bread, all in a tiny bin that had fell from the plane nearby. There was no one in the house, but when we went to the barn, there was a man with his dog in his lap, sleeping soundly by the hay. Being scared I grabbed a stick and poked the man. He quickly awoke, and to my surprise, was American. He was wearing a Gews soldier’s outfit, but spoke like an American. I demanded to know why he was here and if he would hurt me. In a kind voice the man said,

 “I am American, my name is Will; I found a soldier in a plane not far from here. He was dying and asked me to remove the extra uniform from the cabin and give it to his son who lived in a barn that was close to where he was then.”

I knew at that moment this was that barn and the man’s son was not here.

            There was something unusual about this man and his dog. They were kind; they were not like most people now. Everyone was trying to steal and hunt. No one had any humanity left in them; they all became crazy, mean, and selfish people. I knew I could trust this man, and he knew he could trust me. In order for us both to survive, we agreed that we would have to stay together and we would have to become a team.

            That night we both slept in the house. There was only one bed, so he slept on the floor. I knew that I could feel more than just friendship with him even though I had only known him for a few hours, but in order for us to make it out alive, I couldn’t admit that. I knew it would become harder for me to just think of him as a friend the more I got to know him, but I had to in order for me to find the farm.

~~~This is part 2 of 5. I hope you enjoyed it!