Happy at Last!

The best part of getting to the farm was that there was no one there, there was no smell of smoke, and there was no more worry. We were finally to a place where we could feel safe. The world was better there. The farm had a barn full of hay. The pantry was full of food, even dog food!  It was like a whole new world, and in this world I felt like I could live happily ever after.

            Which turned out to be possible because shortly before our food source started running low 2 months later, the war had stopped. We were welcomed by some new people who built their house close by, and they told us of the exciting news. That night Will was so happy he got down on one knee and said,

“Alana, you are the most beautiful, most amazing person in this world. The fact that you were here with me through this all made me really know who I want to spend the rest of my life with. I love you. Will you be mine forever and marry me?”

“Yes, of course!!”  I squealed while I embraced him in my arms.

            Since then, we were married, and had 3 amazing children. First was Henry, then Lacy, and last our little Ben. It took me 78 years to write this and now as I finally finish my story I can take my last breath knowing that my life, the one I couldn’t have imagined, but loved will be shared with you and many others.

~~~Yes, i know this is cheesy but, i needed to have an ending that was cute so i chose this! I hope you liked my short little story!