Ch.2 Blast From the Past: Part 1

That night, after Yusei returned back to the subway, the guys were already asleep. He then looked over to see Ayumi fast asleep on the couch. She took her gloves and her blazer off as she laid peacefully on the old couch. In her hand, a silver, heart shaped locket she had made years ago attached to a silver chain. Yusei sighed to himself before taking off his gloves and his blazer, placing it on her shoulders. He then went over to his workbench and started tinkering with something.

A couple hours later, Ayumi's eyes twitched before they squinted tight, slowly opening. Her eyes wandered before she felt something on her shoulders. Looking down a bit, she saw Yusei's coat on her as she smiled to herself, taking in his scent on his coat. She then looked over to see Yusei had fallen asleep on his workbench as she got up, placing his coat on his shoulders. Ayumi gently ruffled his soft, jet black hair before slipping her blazer and gloves on. Walking over to the steps, Ayumi slowly climbed them, exiting the subway into the moonlit night of the Satellite. As she walked, she had her hands in her pockets, walking near the docks, making sure to stay away from Sector Security. It was a little after two in the morning as Ayumi wasn't tired. She never really slept much anyway, having so much running through her mind. She would only sleep for a couple hours at a time. Four hours was her max and one was her least.

As the scarlet redhead walked, she walked her faint shadow the moonlight gave her, the moon barely showing as it is through the thick clouds that always hovered over the Satellite Sector. Yes, she did despise being in the Satellite, but it was her home as she had gotten used to the violent and cruel things that always happened on a daily basis. She let out a low sigh, her scarlet hair voicing slightly behind her as she walked along with her oversized chest.

Yusei... Now there's a name that had a certain ring to it. Ayumi could still remember the first day she met him when she was very young...

-Flashback-

Ayumi was six years old at the one as she was tinkering with something. But suddenly, a boy with jet black, spiky hair that was also yellow streaked walked by that went by the name of Yusei when he was very young. He stopped in front of the girl sitting on the ground as she rubbed her arm, shivering slightly before going back to her work. Yusei, being the kind boy he was, took his jacket off and placed it on her shoulders. She looked up to see the boy as royal blue yes stared back at her.

"Huh?"

"You looked cold..." Yusei stated.

Ayumi smiled softly. "Thank you. It's kinda cold out here..." She said shyly.

"Why are you out here?"

"Umm...I don't have anywhere to go." She admitted pathetically.

Yusei sat down in front of her. "Why don't you come home with me? Martha is really nice and she'll love to have you!"

"Martha?"

"She's kinda like my mom and a nanny."

"Oh." Ayumi looked interested.

Yusei held his hand out to her. "My name is Yusei Fudo. What's yours?"

"Ayumi Yamagachi." She shyly took his hand.

Yusei then noticed something in her hand as they parted, staring at it. "What's that?"

"Huh?" Ayumi looked down before back up at him.

"Oh..." She closed it before putting it around her neck. "It's a locket I made."

"You made that?"

She nodded. "And my Duel Disk." She grabbed her scarlet and royal blue duel disk, holding it up.

"Wow! I made my Duel Disk too! Yours matches your hair." He then stared at her eyes. "Wow..."