Ch.6 Welcome to the Facility

After the two met an old man by the name of Yanagi, they entered the rec. room where they met a guy who went by Bolt Tanner. He challenged the to a Duel as Yanagi went first, but ended up getting schooled into next week. He then started stepping on Yanagi's cards as this angered Ayumi.

"That's enough!" She shouted, everyone instantly shutting up as Tanner directed his attention to her.

"Well, well, what do we have here? A pretty little face who thinks she's the boss." He asked as he walked over to Ayumi. Tanner grabbed her chin and examined her face with a smirk, but Ayumi yanked away from him before kicking his feet out from under him as Tanner came crashing down.

"Don't touch me... If I don't let Atlas touch me, I sure as hell won't let you either..." She then turned around and gathered up the fallen cards, taking the Duel Disk from Yanagi. "I'm going to borrow this, okay?"

"Huh?" Tanner looked confused as Ayumi turned back to him with a glare.

"You said we Duel here for respect; I think it's time you learned what that means." Ayumi said harshly. "And if it's a Duel you want, then it's a Duel you'll get, but I warn you, I don't lose without a fight first." She forced the Duel Disk onto her wrist as it activated, shoving the deck into its slot before it was shuffled.

"Let's do this!"

"Seniority rules here; I'm goin' first!" Tanner said as Ayumi drew five cards. "Heh. I Summon Jirai Gumo!"

[LV 4 / ATK 2200 / DEF 100]

"Ahhh! Spider!" Yanagi backed up as Ayumi glanced back before flicking her eyes back to Tanner.

She placed the heel of her hand on her hip, putting her weight on one leg as Tanner smirked. "Spider givin' us the shakes?" One of the guys by Tanner laughed as she simply glared.

"I place one card face down and end my turn. You're up, newbie."

Ayumi kept a straight face as she drew a card. "Ugh! Whatever you do, don't use the Crystal Skull!" Yanagi warned.

"The Crystal Skull? Good idea."

"What are you--I said don't use it! Didn't you see what it did to me!?"

"I Summon the Crystal Skull in Defense mode!"

[LV 1 / ATK 0 / DEF 0]

Everyone started to laugh as Tanner spoke up. "Don't you know that skull's cursed? Why play something that attacks yourself?"

Ayumi opened her eyes. "You're right, why would I? It be a stupid move, unless I had something like this." She activated a card as a white paper doll appeared before turning black.

"Oh, I remember that card. I got it from a friendly shaman in Africa, but he never got the chance to explain how it worked..." Yanagi said as the large paper doll split into several small ones, heading straight for Tanner.

"What's goin' on!? Ugh! Hey, what was that? What was that card you just played?"

"The Curse Reflection Doll. Normally it's used to reflect curse attacks sent by the opponent, but I can use it to turn my own curse into an attack against you."

"So the new girl found some crazy clever way to put that curse in reverse?" Someone asked.

"I think I'll end my turn there. You're up." Ayumi said almost playfully.

"Then it's my turn! Heh! I release Jirai Gumo in order to Summon Ushi Oni!"

[LV 6 / ATK 2150 / DEF 1950]

"Now why would he do that? Jirai Gumo is more powerful than this Monster..." Yanagi pondered.

"Just wait, Gramps."