Ch.1 Sisterly Bonding

A young woman with long, scarlet red hair and piercing blue eyes, almost periwinkle, but could pass off as a sky blue or even a shade of gray depending on her mood. She removed her fingerless gloves and her blazer, setting them on a nearby chair before popping the hood of the scarlet red Duel Runner that had belonged to her. She grabbed a wrench and spun it in her hand before fiddling with some bolts on the inside. This woman's name just so happened to be Ayumi Yamagachi. She leaned over to get a better reach inside the runner, her foot leaving the ground slightly. But suddenly, someone appeared behind her. Ayumi tucked a lock of hair behind her ear before reaching back inside the runner.

Suddenly, two hands were lightly placed on her waist before squeezing slightly. Ayumi squeaked as the wrench in her hand clanked to the ground. She whipped around to be faced with the smirking face of Yusei Fudo. She sent him a playful glare before rolling her eyes. "Jesus, Yusei... Don't do that. You know I hate it when you do that to me."

He poked her nose with his gloveless hand. "That's why I do it."

Ayumi flinched as her nose was poked before rolling her eyes again, going back to her work. Yusei reached up and grabbed her scarlet locks, combing it with his fingers before tying it into a high ponytail, Ayumi smiling. "What was that for?" She asked, long, stray locks hanging over her shoulders.

"You have such long hair that it tends to get in the way."

"True. Even so, why did you do it when I could've easily done it myself?"

"Because I wanted to." He tightened her ponytail by pulled it in opposite directions before going to work on his own Duel Runner.

"Yuuuuuuseeeeeeiiii!!" The two looked over to see a boy with curly red hair by the name of Rally as he ran over to everyone.

"What's up, Rally?" Blitz asked.

"I found something for Yusei and Ayu to use on their Duel Runners!" He held out two CPU chips that was the exclusive, newly made ones only found in New Domino City. Blitz grabbed Rally's wrist, examine the chips in his hand before the boy pulled away.

"Rally, where'd ya even find these?" He asked.

"On the ground, plain as day! No one picked 'em up, so I did!"

"But does this seem like some kinda trap?" Nervin asked.

"Yeah, Nervin's got a point." Tank added.

"I'm tellin' ya the truth! I just found 'em on the ground!" Rally countered.

"Rally, let me see those chips." Ayumi held her hand out as Rally handed them to her, Ayumi examined them for a moment. "This is just what I needed. Yusei, put this in your runner." She said, handing him a chip.

"I knew it would help! Will it make you faster?" Rally asked excitedly.

"Definitely." Yusei said.

Yusei revved his runner as it echoed throughout the empty subway. "Now that's what I call some serious power!" Rally said as both Yusei and Ayumi nodded.

But suddenly, a spotlight shined down through the crack at the top of the subway. "Rally Dawson, you are under arrest for theft. There is no escape. Come out quietly."

"Rally!!" Everyone except Yusei and Ayumi exclaimed.

"Look at what ya did!" Blitz exclaimed.

"Now we're all going to the Facility!" Tank shouted.

"I swear, I just found 'em on the ground!" Rally retorted.

"None of that matters right now!" Ayumi cut in. She quickly slipped her jacket and gloves on, ripping the hair tie out of her hair as it all fell down her back. "Blitz, you guys take the west exit, but get Rally out of here and don't get caught. Yusei, you're with me."