Chapter 28

Third POV

The only expression that could be seen on the teenager’s face that was under the dead werewolf is anger and hatred toward the other teenager; who just saved his life.

“I’m going to kill you!” Kai spat at the other teen.

"Kai, I can explain!" Nash got interrupted by the young witch, Lou.

"Hey, Leach!” She yelled at him and quickly dug her hand into the pocket of her blue hoodie to fetch a little pink pouch.

She jumps over the dead wolf, which is still on top of Kai, and opens the little pouch and throws all of its containments onto her hand.

It’s a dark blue covered dust. She quickly brings her hand closer to her mouth and blows all of the dust on Nash Argento.

As the dust comes into contact with his skin, it disappears, and in return, he lets out a kitten-like sneeze. A few seconds later, Nash’s hand started to turn red and burn.

“Fuck!” He cusses and uses his vampire speed to run towards the shade, away from the sun.

With the help of Lou, Kai managed to get out from under the wolf, and she helped him up from the ground.

“Thanks Lou.” Kai thanks Lou and looks away at Nash, who is nervously looking at his hands as they heal slowly.

“What did you do?” Nash demanded the Witch to answer him.

“A little concoction of mine, it destroys any and all spells placed on jewellery that is made for vampires. That necklace of yours is normal now. ” She winks with a wicked grin on her face. 

“You're a vampire!” Kai shouts at Nash with shock and surprise written all over his face.

As Nash was about to open his mouth, he was interrupted by an explosion and the sound of a building collapsing following it.

Both the young Soldier of Nature and the Witch turned around only to be met with a giant cloud of dust.

As the dust slowly starts to disappear, revealing the scene, the entire east wall of the courtyard has collapsed, and what is left behind is just rubble and pieces of the wall.

It seemed like all the hunters were dead and the others helped each other.

Carrie helped Carrie by offering her a hand to help her get up from the ground and hugged each other. The hug they shared soon got interrupted by a hunter's shout.

“Blow them up!” The Hunter commanded the tanks.

Two tanks came forward and the one on the left stopped on top of the rubble and lowered its barrel, aiming straight at Carrie. Everything was in slow motion.

The Carries were fused all back into one.

Right after that, the tank on the left fired. Time slowed even more; the tank ejected its missile, flying directly at Carrie.

"Carrie, run!” Kane shouted.

And Carrie, she just stood there staring at the missile that was coming her way.

The missile was a mere inch away from her face, then something incredible started to happen.

Getting closer and closer, the missile disintegrated into a cloud of dust. It didn’t even touch her skin.

And time went back to normal.

She had the ability to inflict her gift on other objects and... the living.

Carrie began to gracefully walk over the tank which shot at her, and in front of it she stopped. She lifted her arm and, with the tip of her index finger, she touched the tank.